Ch17. Family

I have nothing to do so I'm updating again

Lucas

"HEY! HELP!" I yell but it comes out a cough. I cary Veronica into the hospital she's hardly there mostly out of it.

The front desk ladys look up and immediately run over. "What happened?" She asks getting a stretcher. "She has been knocked out multiple times by forse and she is shot in the leg."

I say as they lay her on it and wheel her away. I watch as they take her through the doors. My eyes close for a second and I stumble a little leaning against the wall.

Gosh every thing hurts. "Sir?" I try and open my eyes but I can't and I fall to my knees. Why am  I so weak? My head is pounding and I can feel my self sway.

I feel arms hold me up but every thing goes black.

Mafia. Why did I have to do it. If I would have just declined and I didn't have to be so prominent on being in the field instead of on the side none of this would have happened.

Most importantly Lucas would be okay. He probably hates me for this. All I've done from the start was be dumb. The fighting when I wasn't supposed to. Like I don't listen. That's why I'm here.

"Ms. Hendrix." The doctor says walking into my room. I nod my head for him to continue. "Your leg is getting better so thats a good thing. Though your going to have to stay here a couple more days till we make sure your head is going to be fine. Then you'll be able to go home." He says and walks out.

Wow ok nice conversation.

Home. I really hope dad finds us soon.

"SIR YOU CAN-" I hear yelling and I watch as someone bursts into my room making me jump. "Veronica?" I open my eyes and see dad. I immediately start crying as he runs over and hugs me.

I can feel him shaking. "Oh my gosh. Sono così felice di averti trovato." He says and I see tears in his eyes. I smile through my tears but its immediately replaced by pain.

I shut my eyes hard and groan. "My leg." I squeak out. His eyebrows scrunch together in confusion. "I was shot." I says and his eyebrows fly to the top of his head before coming back down in anger.

"I'm sorry." He says putting a hand on my forehead. "Its not your fault. It was mine and I'm sure your are going to take my position away." I say looking away.

"Yes I am but I haven't decided if it will be permanent." He says to me. Yes I still want to do it but I will be scared of this happening again. It will take a while.

A few minutes later everyone else burts into the room and the water works come back. Everyone hugs me and sits around the room.

Then I remembered. "Omg dad is Lucas okay?" I say worried. "Yes he is he's in a different room. I checked on him first." Damien says and I sigh in relief.

We spend a few hours talking about what happened and just catching up. After I got tiered I told them I was going to sleep. Caleb went  with Lucas and everyone else stayed with me.

...
(Four days later)

I'm so damn greatfull that I have the family I do. Right now we are back home and all of us are watching movies. Dad couldn't be here because he has to take care of things.

This was the first time I came out of my room in a day. We got home and I went to my room to cry. It didn't do good with my head but I had to.

The amount of times I held back tears was amazing for how big of a baby I am. I've been thinking. Maybe my mission going wrong was a call telling me that I shouldn't do this.

So the more I thought I decided that I will train and if, if they need me I will go in or if something happens I can help. I don't want to have my own missions anymore.

What happened really did something. I now have a fear that if I try again then something will happen.

I'll talk to dad about it and I can guarante that he will agree.

We've been watching the marvel movies and I am so tiered. I'm sitting in between Caleb and Lucas. Caleb fallen asleep and is leaning on Coles shoulder.

Lucas is actually watching the movie. I feel my eyes get heavy and I lean my head on Lucas's shoulder and let my self fall asleep.

 I feel my eyes get heavy and I lean my head on Lucas's shoulder and let my self fall asleep

"Hey how you doing man?" Damien asks me walking into the living room. Everone got up and left after the movie but I stayed here because Roni fell asleep on me.

"Honestly I don't know. It did shake me up a bit but I know this is having a bigger impact on her." I say motioning so her on my lap.

He looks to her and sigh. "This hole thing. We don't even know how it happened. The fake looked, talked, and thought exactly like the real Leah. So either she had a twin that we didn't know about or they made a fucking robot." He says running his hands through his hair.

"Yea that's what confused me. I don't remember much though because I was drugged and what ever it was I lost some memory of that night." I say leaning my head back.

His phone rings and he walks out to take it. I look down to Veronica and watch as she sleeps. She only has a faint  bruise on her head and her leg is still wrapped.

I find my self pushing some on her hair  behind her ear and just watching her sleep.

"I'm sorry." I wisper to her. Slowly I try to get her off me so I could get up but she grabs my arm still asleep.

Fine.

I pick her up and lay down on the couch laying her on top of me. She snuggles into my neck and hugs me tight.

Might as well sleep.

----‐----------------------------

-M