Ch20. Lucas

Veronica

 Veronica

Why won't you talk to me? Why won't you talk to me?

That's what I've been thinking the last three days. My day consist of wake up, go to school, try to talk to Lucas but get ignored, be annoyed at Lucas, eat, sleep repeat.

Ever since he talked to me about his past he started avoiding me. Does he think ill look at him differently or what? His past is safe with me. 

That's the thing. You tell me a secret or just have a heart to heart to talk I will not spread it out to the world unless you want me to.

I'm going to assume that he's never told people about his story and I think when he told me he didn't know what to think. I don't want him avoiding me. Something pulls me to him and I have no clue why.

To get my mind off of things I've been hanging around Jaxon, Emma, Chase, and Allen. They are a really funny group of people and i don't feel left out. Not that Caleb excludes me or anything. I just need friends that i don't live with you know.

"Roni. Hello?" Jaxson waves his hand in front of my face. I focus my stare and realize I've been staring at him this whole time. I feel the heat rush to my face as i apologize/ "No its ok its just i thought you were frozen or some shit." He laughs and shakes his head at me.

" Yea I've just had a lot on my mind lately." I say resting my elbow on the table and putting my chin on top of my fist. "Well that's what I'm here for. What to go to the arcade again after school?" He says putting an arm around me and I lean my head on huis shoulder.

Not as comfortable as Lucas's. Wait what the hell Veronica.

"Yea i would like that." I say scanning the lunch crowd. My eyes land on a familiar blue eyed boy staring right back at me with a frown on his face. 

Oh so now he's mad at me? Just a great thing right.

...

"Are you a professional assassin or something how can you aim so good." Jaxson whines. I mean kind of. "I don't know luck?" I say smoothly. We have been here for about two hours just playing and re playing the arcade games. Safe to say I've been having a good time.

"GUYS LETS GO DO GO KARTS.!" Emma screams over to us. I smirk to my self as i drag Jaxon along with us. " Ok so there is a slick track and a more of a going against each other track which one?" Chase asks.

"Against each other." I blurt out. Thankfully everyone else agrees. We walk through the railing and wait in line. This looks really fun honestly. From my point of view they go fast but not to fast and the breaks are good so if i need to stop immediately i can.

The first group ends their laps and we all scam our wrist bands and i sit down in one and buckel up the seat belt.

A worker comes and checks making sure the straps are tight enough and gives me a thumbs up. There is two rows of karts each one having at least six karts in each row. If my row goes out first ill be in third place from where I'm parked in the line now.

If my row goes second then ill be in ninth. Either way i think i can win. Once everyone is checked the worker runs up and get the intercom out and explains the rules. No bumping, no drifting, no trying to run people off the track. blah blah blah.

"Alright which row wants to go first?" They worker yells and both rows yell and cheer. My row being the loudest due to Emma and chase practically screaming their throats out. "Ok this row first row out you go." They say and we take off on to the track.

There are seven turns i counted on my first lap. Right now I'm trying to get around the first place driver. I have no idea who it is so i really wont feel bad if they crash right now but its against the rules.

We come up to the wider corner and they stay right on the side and i take that as my que to floor the pedal and get ahead of them. To my surprise its a boy around my age. He gives me and dirty look as i pass him and speed off. Yeah that's right a girl passed you.

I stay in the lead for a while till someone bumps into the back of me and i cant see who it is due to the seats being big so i speed up and once again come to the wider corner. As i turn i look as far back as i can and see its Chase behind me. 

Alright lest play this game then. I stay more in the middles making it to narrow to pass me when ever we turn so he can get ahead. "BROOO!" I hear him yell as i laugh. 

We come to bridge and i speed up knowing he could pass me because this bridge three karts could drive side by side with out crashing. I make it off the bridge and make is to the next corner when all of the sudden a kart drifts past me and its the one and only Chase.

No drifting. I mimic in my head as he is now ahead of me. The red lights flash telling us to drive back into the pit and we do me now in second with Chase in first. We get the green light to get up and we do and i glare at Chase. "What mad you lost? Honestly i didn't think i would pass you. Do you street race or something? I know they aren't related but the way you drive kind of does." He asks me.

'Once or twice." I say walking out of the exit.

...

"Yeaa that was really fun guys see you at school." I say getting in my car and heading home. We ended out staying till they closed just going back and fourth from the go karts the the slick track go karts. I don't even think we went back inside to play the games.

Either way it was really fun. Now i have to go home and be back with the devil him self. I think I'm going to try and talk to him.

Quicker then i thought i pull u[p to the house and get past the gates to park my car. I say hi to Eli and Jacob before heading in.

We have a meeting on out next move in a few days and I'm hoping it'll get us closer to ending this.

I walk past the living room and head straight up to my room and sit down on my bed. Ok time to try and talk to him. Key word try. I pull my phone out of my pocket and text him to come to my room.

A few minutes later a knock is heard and and annoyed Lucas comes into my room. "What?" He says leaning on the wall. I get up and walk over to him standing a few feet away from him.

"I just want to know why you wont talk to me?" I ask him and i watch as he anilazines my face. "You smell like you've been at races." Hen says avoiding the question. "Yea i was out driving go karts at the fun center with Jaxon but that's not the point. Answer my question." I say. I watch as he mutters Jaxon's name under his breath and rolls his eyes.

He goes back to looking at me not saying anything and i give him the time to talk but her better hurry up before i kick his a-

I get intruded as i watch him take two big steps towards me and wrapping his hands around my waist, before i know it his lips are on mine. The is is soft one. Un like his personality he's being gentile and kind. His soft but rough lips moving in sync with mine.

In this moment there is no mafia no school drama no family messes just me and him here together. This kiss is making me realize that I've had feelings all along and i just wasn't admitting it to my self.

Even though i don't want to i pull away for air as i rest my for head against his. Us breathing harshly. I look into his eyes and see and swirl of emotions go through his eyes before it turns dark and he walks out of the room leaving me standing there.

What the hell.

-----------------------------------------

I was lazy and didn't want to go back and turn all the "i" into capital "I" so to bad.

SO the go karts part of this story is something that really happened when I was on vacation with my family the boys giving dirty looks when I passed them and the part with her and Chase was with me and my uncle. fun times. I did have a problem of not using the brake and flooring it though so that was fun.

-M