Part Nine- Does Dreams Ever Come True

After two days....
Its September 8th, the first day of the college. Everyone are very much excited for their day of college. Ram asks everyone to accompany him to shiv mandir before they start their new journey. Urmi, Manvi and Keerthi tell him that they will pick up Maithili and reach the temple by 8 am. Ram, Laksh, Bharat and Shatrughan leave for the temple. Everyone are in formal dresses. Ram in white shirt and denim blue jeans, Laksh in pale yellow shirt and black jeans, Bharat in pista green colour shirt and black jeans and Shatrughan in pale orange shirt and denim blue jeans. They all look so handsome in their formal attire. Its 7:30 am and they all are at shiv mandir waiting for the girls.

Maithili is feeling better now. She has regained her strength within six days. But still her leg is not completely healed. She is still using her hand stick for support.
Maithili quickly gets ready wearing a bright red suit which makes her look stunningly beautiful. She combs her long hair into a long plait pulling it in front. She uses a small black bindhi. She is extremely simple yet the most gorgeous of all.
Urmi for the first time in her life, tries a baby pink suit with matching earrings and tie her loose hair into a pony. Manvi and Keerthi are stunned to see her in this avatar. They tease her that she wore the dress for Laksh and all. Just then Maithili calls Urmi and asks her if she is coming to pick her or if they will be late, her uncle will drop her at the temple. Manvi and Keerthi are not yet ready. Urmi asks Maithili to leave for temple as Manvi and Keerthi are not yet ready.

Maithili taking her hand bag, putting on her wrist watch and taking her mobile leaves to Shiv mandir. She asks her uncle to leave, as her friends will help her in climbing the steps. Her uncle leaves. Maithili decides to call Ram and takes her mobile out. Ram feels that Maithili has arrived there and he swiftly comes down descending the steps. Maithili sees him and waves her hand. Ram stops in the mid way mesmerized to see her for a moment. His heart skips a beat seeing her.
Maithili calls out Ram. He comes out of his trance and reach to help her.
Maithili: Where are you lost?
Ram: Nowhere.
Urmi, Manvi and Keerthi reach there just then. Manvi is dressed in lavender colour suit and Keerthi in sky blue colour suit. After parking the car they reach the temple steps. Ram and Maithili are lost in each other. Urmi asks Manvi and Keerthi to keep quiet and see what's going on. Three of them are surprised to see Ram helping Maithili. He holds her reassuringly as she climbs the steps along with him. Urmi tells Manvi and Keerthi that very soon Ram will fall in love with Maithili. Three of them smile and climb the steps.

Laksh cannot believe his eyes, he acts as if he faints on seeing Urmi go ethnic. He starts laughing loudly on seeing her. Urmi really punches him hard.
Laksh: I was just joking and you really punched me hard. I know you are a black belt in karate. You need not remind me of that all the time.
Urmi: (smirks) Don't ever try to play such jokes on me.
(She walks towards the temple)
Laksh: (calls her from behind) Urmi! You are looking so beautiful.
Everyone laugh at him. She comes nearer to him holding his hand drags him into the temple. After puja is done, all of them leave for their college.

-:INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES:-

Everyone reach their new college. There are many posters and big banners to welcome freshers. All the freshers gather at the auditorium. All the chief guests arrive and along with their college Principal, Mr. K. Sanjeev Agarwal, occupy their seats on the diace. One of the lecturers hosts the function. All the friends have their seats in a row.
The program begins...
Host: Hello! Good morning my dear students. I am your Professor Mr. Sinha. Good morning all the chief guests and our dear Principal. Let us begin our program with the speech of our Principal.
Maithili suddenly stands up from the crowd and asks them she has a small request. They ask her to come nearer and talk. Everyone are surprised. All her friends ask her what is she upto. Ram understood why she got up. He helps her to walk up to the stage. She requests them to let us pray the Lord before starting this program. They ask Maithili to come on stage. It is announced that everyone stand up for the prayer. Maithili asks her friends to join her for the chorus of bhajan.

Now all of them are on stage. Maithili starts the prayer.
" Gana Nayaka Shubha Dayaka
Gana Nayaka Shubha Dayaka
Bhagwan Eesh tere pitha
Tu hai tat mat mere sakha
Gowri suta Lambodara
Tera naam roop manohara
Gana Nayaka Shubha Dayaka
Pyaara mujhe lagta hai tu
Pyaara hai Mushak samvaar tu
Ganaraj tu Gajaraj tu
Hai mere dil ka raaj tu
Gana Nayaka Shubha Dayaka
Bhagwan Eesh tere pita
Tu hai tat mat mere Sakha "

The whole auditorium reverberates with this Bhajan. All the students, professors, Principal and chief guests repeat the song with her. When the sing is finished the auditorium breaks into a great round of applause.
Maithili thanks everyone for giving the opportunity. The Principal, Mr. Agarwal takes the mike from her and thanks her for reminding the Supreme power of the Lord. We all are nothing in front of him. He also expresses his pleasure on seeing the responsible and obedient young generation. He feels so proud to have kids like them going to be their new students. All the friends came and have their seats.

After 20 minutes, Maithili feels thirsty. She asks Urmi sitting beside her to accompany her. Both of them slowly walk out. Ram and others are so busy in keenly listening the speech of the chief guests, they did not notice the two of them going out.
Urmi and Maithili after drinking water are walking back to the auditorium. They are stopped by a mob of boys. They try to avoid them, but the mob of boys encircles them. Maithili asks them to leave.
Boys: We are the seniors of this college.
Urmi: So what?
Boy 1: Don't you know how to respect elders.
Maithili: Age is not really important to give respect, but one should deserve it. I don't think you people deserve it.

After 15 minutes, Laksh notices that Urmi and Maithili are missing. He asks Bharat to accompany him to check out if everything is ok. They walk out of auditorium.
There the boys get angry over Maithili for her reply and pull out her walking stick and throw it away. She takes Urmi's support.
Urmi: You idiots.
Boy 2: (referring Maithili) Do a thousand situps. This is your punishment for disobeying the seniors.
Maithili: What if I don't?
(They pull her aside. Maithili balances herself on her feet even though it's painting. Urmi shouts for help.)
Boy 3: (referring Urmi) You my princess. You have to do a couple dance with me.
(he forwards his hand to catch her hand. Before he catch her, Laksh grips his hand tightly and twists it.)
Laksh: How dare you touch her?
Boy 3: Are you her lover.
Boy 1: Hey buddy back off, we are seniors.
(A senior walks towards Maithili. Bharat comes in between)
Bharat: Guys! You first deal with us, then you can do anything you want. We will make sure, you will never dare to insult any other girl.

Now Ram and Shatrughan come out to search everyone.
All the seniors take wooden logs.
The strongest of all comes front and challenges him. Bharat punches him so hard, he falls down and his nose starts bleeding. All the other seniors take a step back. Ram and Shatrughan are at a distance behind Laksh and Bharat. They turn around. Bharat supporting Maithili and Laksh with Urmi start walking towards Ram and Shatrughan. Two boys lift the log to hit Bharat and Laksh. Before Ram warns them they try to hit them. Alas!!!!!!!!!! All are surprised. Maithili and Urmi catch the logs with their hands. Pulling the logs close to them, they push the logs into the boys' stomachs with such a force that both of them fall to ground. This was such a reflex action by Maithili and Urmi. They both smile at each other.
Before the other boys react Ram, Laksh, Bharat and Shatrughan beat them black and blue and drag them by collars to the auditorium where the meeting is going on. They drag them on the stage, take the mike and announce whatever happened. All the seniors lower their heads. Principal orders to rusticate them. Maithili and Urmi ask the Principal not to rusticate them for the sake of their parents. All the mob of boys thank them and apologize to them for their behavior. They are suspended for a month. Ram and Laksh propose the idea of anti-ragging cell. All the crowd support them with great applause. All the friends walk out boldly, as it is their real victory against something bad. As they walk out all the juniors walk out behind them.
Youth can achieve anything, but to be united is the most powerful weapon.

To be continued...

In next part,
All the friends go on a picnic for Matheran
(Matheran is 120 kms away from Pune)

Hope you guys like it.
Do share your valuable views.
Will update the next part soon.