Part Ten- Does Dreams Ever Come True

All the friends reach canteen in the college campus. They have their seats while Maithili drinks a glass of water, all the others look at her with a questioning face.
Laksh: Maithili, is anything still left out that we don't know about you. You shared with us only about your family. Why didn't you tell us that you know karate.
Maithili: Guys, sorry about that. Yes, I know karate and I am a black belt. I don't think there's something great in that and its very common. So I didn't stress on it. If it hurts you all, then I am really sorry.
Ram: You really surprised all of us. I think we should be careful with you from now on.
Urmi: Yes, now I have got a partner who can support me when I want to fight anyone.
Maithili: Guys! Ram, Laksh, Bharat and Shatrughan we really owe you a thanks. You all really saved us from that situation. Its so strange, me and Urmi both knew how to defend ourselves, but we failed to do so, as we were not prepared to face the sudden trouble. Until you guys came over for rescue, we didn't gain the strength to fight back. Now I really consider myself lucky to have friends like you. We all have done this together.

All of them say cheers to their friendship.
Its 10:30 am. There are no classes on that day. So all the friends decide to plan something for the day. Bharat suggests, "let us go to Matheran." Its one and half hour journey from Pune to Matheran . Maithili informs her aunt, that she is going to Matheran with her friends upon which she agrees and asks her to return home in time. They all walk out of the college campus. They walk towards the parking lot. Maithili suddenly stops walking and asks everyone if they could hear anything. Everyone reply no in unison. Maithili can clearly hear the sound thud thud thud...
She immediately starts walking in that direction of the sound. A small gate from the parking lot opens into the indoor stadium. She smiles on seeing the stadium. Everyone are confused why is she going into the stadium. Urmi calls out, "Maithili wait! Everyone are not allowed into the stadium."
Maithili doesn't look back, she is so happy to be at the same place after 5 long years.

Flashback:-
National Basket Ball Tournament (5 years ago)
Coach Veer Deshpande headed team Maharashtra. Maithili was from team Andhra Pradesh headed by Vishwanath Pillai. In the final round, Maithili played so well as the captain of her team. Their competitors Maharashtra team made a foul while playing just to win the game. Its Mr. Veer Deshpande who exposed their own team's foul and thats how Maithili's team won the match. Maithili reminded the way her father cheered for her from the crowd. After the match Maithili stayed for a complete week to seek the tricks in basketball from the couch Mr. Veer Deshpande. She used to run into the stadium shouting, "Veer ji mai aa gayi". Like her else brother he taught her everything.
Flashback ends....
(not to offend any state people, just to highlight Maithili. Sorry if any one is offended.)

Maithili remembering everything, smiling widely runs into the stadium, forgetting her injury, shouting "veer ji mai aa gayi". Everyone are confused and run behind her. The watchman doesn't stop her from going in. She hugs the old watchman and asks him,"kaise ho dadaji". He replies, "accha hu beti. Ja kar apne Veer se mil lena." Everyone are hell confused. The watchman allows them in when they tell that they are Maithili's friends. Maithili enters the stadium and calls out Veerji. A tall handsome man may be aged 40 years turn around throwing the basketball at her. She catches the ball as if she already knew he will do so.
Veer: Welcome princess! After these many years you got time to meet this Veerji.
He introduces Maithili to his students, "meet the champion of basketball tournaments Maithili Chandrashekhar."

All the friends including Ram are shocked to know Maithili is a basketball champion. Veerji asks her to show his students the top moves to reach the basket. Maithili turns to her friends and tells them to sit for 10 minutes. She tucks her dupatta and tying a knot shows the students how to drabble in different ways. Ram is astonished to see her jump high and making the basket, swiftly landing and catching the ball. After 10 minutes she takes leave from Veerji and tells him that she is here to study and will visit him often.
Maithili apologizes to her friends for not telling them that she is a basketball champion. All of them tease her asking for an autograph. She smiles and tells them, "I love to play basketball, but I never wanted to take it up as a profession." She yelps in pain.
Ram: How did you play when your leg is still painting?
Maithili: When it comes to basketball, I forget everything.
Ram: (jokingly) Then I should have bought you a basketball so that you would have been healed within a day.
Everyone reach the parking lot as they are late by half an hour.

Soon all the friends start their journey to Matheran. Urmi is driving the car and Maithili is seated in front beside her. Manvi and Keerthi are seated behind. They all call Maithili a mysterious woman. Soon they reach Matheran. As it is rainy season, it starts drizzling. Ram and others reached there before the girls and they already brought them plastic rain coats. They are available there as it is a tourist spot. Everyone put on the coats. They are black in color and all laugh at each other as they look like ghosts.
Matheran is a hill station. The greenery around is very clean and untouched. The cool breeze is very pure without pollution. Maithili tells everyone that she loves the aroma of mud when it rains. They walk into the woods. Slowly the rain stops and everyone put the rain coats in a bag which Bharat is carrying.

Matheran woods look like this..

Laksh holds Urmi's hand and walk ahead of everyone

Laksh holds Urmi's hand and walk ahead of everyone. Ram supports Maithili. Bharat helps Manvi as she hates mud and is very concerned about her dress. Shatrughan stays with Keerthi as she is busy in examining the plants and collecting flowers.
Urmi: Laksh! I can never forget that day I yelled at you in Lonawala.
Laksh: You need not feel bad for your behaviour that day, as it made me realise your importance in my life and I for the first time felt that I loved you all these years.
(they both smile at each other getting more closer.)
Urmi: Ram likes Maithili very much and may be he will fall in. love with her.
They turn back and smile at the beautiful scene. Maithili notices the touch me not plants all around. She plays touching them. Ram guards her so that she may not fall and hurt herself. At one place when she touches the bush, all the butterflies raise from it filling the entire space there. Urmi clicks Ram and Maithili's pics and explains to Laksh, how Ram is looking at Maithili with all his love. She tells him, "soon Ram will realize that he loves Maithili". Urmi and Laksh smile seeing their innocent friends together.

To be continued...

In next part,
Matheran waterfalls and a beautiful conversation of friends.
Manvi goes missing, Bharat panics.

How did you like Maithili as a basketball champion guys.
Do share your comments and please give your valuable votes.