Part Twenty- Does Dreams Ever Come True

Starting with Ram and Ayaan's conversation.

Ayaan: Ram! How did you recognise me even after these many years, when I am completely transformed?
Ram: Oh! Come on Ayaan, who else can know you better than me? May be you are completely transformed but your nature is the same. The way you act smart under stressful conditions taking right decisions, devoid of emotions who is always composed and even after doing such a great work you are just leaving without saying a word. That reminded me of my dearest childhood friend Ayaan.
Ayaan! You did not change a bit and you act the same way.
Ayaan: I really could not recognise you till you reminded me.
(now Laksh and Urmi reach there.)
Laksh and Urmi: (in unison) Ayaan, do you remember us?
Ayaan: How can I forget you guys? I still remember how you guys used to do some mischief and put the blame over me everytime.
Laksh and Urmi: We are not the same anymore, we don't do anything like that now. (saying thus they both tap on his head playfully)
Ayaan: I know you guys can never change and you also know that I don't like being tapped by anyone on my head.
Urmi: Ayaan, you did not change a bit. Even after these many years you are acting like a kid.
(Everyone (Ram, Laksh, Urmi, Ayaan) laugh and have a group hug. All of them completely forgot Maithili.)
Urmi: Ayaan, we should introduce you to our best friend, Maithili (saying so she turns back to see Maithili is missing)
Urmi: Ram, where is Maithili? I think we should search her.
Ram: Don't worry guys, you carry on, I will look for her.
(He leaves the place)

Ram searches for Maithili everywhere and later he thinks that she might be on her way to home and goes in that direction.
Maithili walks down the street thinking, " how could I hug Ram all of the sudden??? How can I demand him if he doesn't care for me??? What happened to me today??"
She is walking in trance and keeps on rewinding the way she hugged Ram.
Ram sees Maithili walking down the street and calls out, "Maithili.......". But there is no response from her side. He runs to reach her. Maithili suddenly stops walking as it is becoming hard for her to forget what happened. She warns herself, "Maithili, please stop thinking about it. Ram is just your friend and nothing more than that. Now please try to focus", saying so she closed her eyes for a moment. When she opens he eyes, she finds Ram standing right in front of her. She feels that she is dreaming, and slowly lifts her hand to touch Ram.
Ram is confused with her gesture bit he stands still. She touches his face. For a moment they stand still like that, lost in each other's eyes. Ram feels her touch magical.

Soon Maithili realises that she is not dreaming and Ram is right in front of her. Feeling embarrassed, she tries to walk away. Ram stops her by holding her hand. Her heart beat fastens, she can hear her heart thudding loudly. She slowly turns around to face him. He asks, " Maithili, are you ok???". Maithili is really lost, she does not reply. Ram senses the change in her behaviour. He thinks, "I can understand what you are going through Maithili, but I really don't want you to realise the reason for your feeling so soon. Once you realise that you are in love, it will be hard for both of us". Maithili too thinks, "I should find out the reason for this strange feeling, and I will.......". Ram breaking the awkward silence try to divert the topic.
Ram: Maithili, you are forgetting something.
Maithili: What???
Ram: Don't you remember today is your birthday. Once you told me that you like to watch the stars in the sky. I know today is not a full moon day but even then, (forwarding his hand) why don't you take your best friend's support and walk down watching them? (he stretches the word best friend).
Maithili silently nods her head and holds Ram and walks down looking at the stars in the sky. But this time, Maithili feels that everything is changed between them, she is very apprehensive of Ram's presence with her. Strangely, she is not at all interested in watching stars today, but she keeps on looking into the sky just to avoid eye contact with Ram. Maithili even senses Ram's gaze fixed over her. And they walk down.......
Both Ram and Maithili are resisting their feelings towards each other and are trying to control themselves.

Jab jab tere paas main aaya, Ek sukoon mila

Jise main tha bhoolta aaya, Wo wajood mila

Jab aaye mausam gham ke, Tujhe yaad Kiya

Ho...

Jab sehme tanhapan se, Tujhe yaad kiya

Hmm..dil... Sambhal ja zara

Phir mohabbat karne chala hai tu

Dil yahin ruk jaa zara

Phir mohabbat karne chala hai tu

Aisa kyun kar hua janu naa
Main janu naa o..o..

Dil sambhal ja zara

Phir mohabbat karne chala hai tu

Dil yahin ruk ja zara

Phir mohabbat karne chala hai tu...

There Laksh, Urmi and Ayaan are tired of waiting for Ram and decide to return home. Ayaan informs that he too has joined their college and is now staying in the college hostel. He leaves the place, and now Urmi and Laksh are left. Laksh decides to accompany Urmi to her house.
They start walking...
Laksh starts the conversation...
Laksh: Urmi, I think Ram and Maithili are in love.
Urmi: You know what Laksh, you are so dumb. I have already told you that they will fall in love. You said Ram can never fall in love and all.......
Laksh: Why do you always have to pick up a fight with me?
Urmi: Who told you that if I love you then I will stop fighting with you? I love to fight with you.
She suddenly stops talking. Laksh understands that she felt bad that, they are just friends for now and not a couple. Urmi has tears in her eyes and to hide it from him, she faces the other side. Laksh slowly turns her towards him and gently wiping her tears tells, "Urmi, this is not the end of our relationship, but it is the beginning. We are just focusing on our career for now. Maithili said it right, true love is forever. Till now we behaved like teenagers, giving importance to romantic dates etc., I feel now, we realised the true essence of love and above everything, true love is standing for each other till their last breathe".
Urmi smiles and replies, "I think you are becoming wiser day by day. Laksh our love should stand as an example for all other foolish youth who don't realise the real essence of love". Both of them share a caring hug and walk home hand in hand.

Na hai yeh pana, na khona hi hai
Tera na hona jane, kyun hona hi hai
Tum se hi din hota hai, surmaiye shaam aati, tumse hi, tumse hi
Har ghadi saans aati hai, zindagi kehlati hai, tumse hi, tumse hi
Na hai yeh pana, na khona hi hai
Tera na hona jane, kyun hona hi hai

Aadha sa wada kabhi, aadhe se jayada kabhi
Jee chaahe kar lu is tarah wafa ka
Chhode na chhoote kabhi, tode na tute kabhi
Jo dhaga tumse jud gaya wafa ka
Main tera sarmaya hoon, jo main ban paya hoon, tumse hi, tumse hi
Raaste mil jaate hai, manzile mil jaati hai, tumse hi, tumse hi
Na hai yeh paana, na khona hi hai
Tera na hona jaane kyun hona hi hai...

For the first time ever, the star studded sky must be proud to witness this sort of matured love stories, MaiRa and LakMi, our beloved couples.

To be continued...

In next part,
Maithili thinks of Ram and she shares everything with her mother.
How will her mother react??? Will see in the next part.

Hope you liked this one.
Please put your comments and do vote if you like the story....
The nest part will be updated as soon as possible...