han solo | few and far between

an imagine that takes place in a cantina lowkey based on oga's at galaxy's edge? ok, not lowkey based. this is oga's. i love batuu! and WHO CARES if every imagine i write is based on batuu because i leave for disney world in a week and two days : D ; 1k words

/ / /

Smuggler's Alley was the most perfect place to spend an evening. Well, Chewie thought it was perfect; perfectly ironic. So Han told him to sit back in the Falcon and take care of things while he took you out for a drink at one of the local cantinas. 

You had never been to Batuu before. Black Spire Outpost was a place you hadn't heard much about before Han brought it up. He declared that Oga's had the best drinks in the Outer Rim, but you knew better than anyone that it was just a safe place to rest for now. The bounty hunters were on your trail. The Hutts were tracking every single move he made. 

That made moments like these few and far between. 

The cantina was packed full of drinking creatures. Music blared from the DJ playing in the corner, lights flashed every color imaginable. There were things to look at in places like this, but you were completely occupied by staring at him. Smuggler, rebel, whatever they defined him as --- in your eyes, he was your charming boy.

There were probably a thousand reasons you were in love with him. His smile was dazzling; every cocky smirk sent your heart into a frenzy. His eyes were a rich hazel and his hair was always perfect. His laugh stole your breath every time that you heard it. All of these traits caused your heart to nearly burst at the seams, but nothing captured your love more than the way he treated you.

You weren't soft. You weren't elegant or graceful. You were clumsy and harsh and he somehow found the beauty in that. He treated you like royalty by the way he picked your hand up off the counter, palms pressed together, fingers intertwined, and touched his warm lips to the back of your hand as you complained obnoxiously about someone you knew. You were a princess when he stared at you from across the table, a dreamy and lovestruck haze over his eyes.

Seated at the booth, the loud music drowning out your conversation, the moment was almost relaxing. You were able to rant all you needed and Han was able to admire his girl without fearing for her life or his. Moments like this were rare.

"I think I have spent two hours being angry," you realized with a laugh.

He grinned. "Just barely over two hours."

"Sorry." You scowled at yourself and pulled your drink closer. "Haven't even had a sip yet---"

"We've got all the time in the world," he said, kicking his feet up on the table. "Ain't got any bounty on us---"

"That you know of," you interrupted.

He raised his glass. "Like I said, we ain't got any bounty on us. No places we have to be for the next two days."

It sounded nice, but it also didn't. Two days. What were two days? You wanted moments like this more often, where it was you and him in a public space, not worrying about getting credits to the right people or being arrested by the Imps. This would be a nice break, but also it served as a painful reminder that you were traveling the galaxy with Han Solo and Chewbacca and every moment was not like this one.

His thumb stroked across the top of your hand and he tilted his head. "What's wrong now?"

You sighed, straightened your back, and shook your head. "Nothing, I---"

"Come on, princess. You can tell me anything you need to."

And you knew you could, because you trusted him. You were probably the only fool in the universe to trust Han Solo.

"I didn't take you here to look pretty and be sad," he said. "I took you here to look pretty and be happy."

You gave him a glare and he laughed. "You took me here to treat me to something nice, or so I thought." 

"Of course I did. But you always look so pretty, princess." You rolled your eyes. He reached over and tucked a lock of your hair behind your ear, letting his fingers slowly stroke down the side of your head. "You gonna tell me what's wrong or what?" 

"Nothing is wrong," you said, "for once. And that's just the problem. I want more moments like this --- where it is just you and me in a cantina, drinking whatever they have and just enjoying each other's company. I know we can't have times like this because the Hutts are always after the credits you promised 'em, but Force, Han... I really wish we could." 

He smiled sadly. "Me, too. But you heard Jabba. If I don't get him everything he's expectin', he's going to have my head. Or he'll end up taking you from me and selling you or something. I can't rest until I've gotten that figured out." 

"By figured out, you mean running away from all of your problems and getting into more trouble on the way, right?" 

He laughed. "You know me too well, princess." 

"I can agree with that." You nodded, tracing your fingers around the rim of your glass. 

The drink had lost all of its fizz. Han raised his hand and called to the bartender, barking out a request for a fresh drink. You stared at his pretty hazel eyes and reached over, your fingers hooking under his chin. You brought his face down to your level and pressed your lips to his. He closed his eyes as you kissed him, his raised hand lowering until it was touching your cheek, keeping your face against his. 

As you pulled back, you stroked his jaw and stared at the outline of his lips. You sighed. "One day I'm gonna kill those Hutts. Every last one of 'em. Then we can have whatever piece of the galaxy we want. We can go wherever we want to."

His lips spread into a smile and he shook his head slowly. "I love you."

You smirked, so much like him, and brought him closer for one more kiss.