din djarin | close call

everyone has asked for a jealous/protective mando imagine so here you go

/ / /

Strange planets that you weren't familiar with creeped you out. You kept your hand at your side, your fingers twitching towards your blaster with every loud laugh, every crash of a glass, every start of a bar fight.

The cantina smelled of strong alcohol and stuffy air. It was too warm, too strange. The orange hue of the place came from the single fireplace at the far end of the room and the line of torches along the walls. It was difficult to see, and that made you even more uneasy.

"I don't like this," you whispered to Mando.

"Me either," he replied. "Stay close to my side. Don't get into trouble."

Your eyes swept across the bar, where droids served drinks as fast as they could. Creatures of many species were piled into this one space.

You walked directly behind Mando as he forced his body between figures --- most of which were too drunk to notice him. But some did notice him. They saw his armor. They greedily stared at it, wondering who was beneath it, who was able to wear beskar. They also noticed you, and you weren't unaware of their unwanted stares.

The more attention you and Mando received, the thicker the crowd, and the more difficult it was to look.

"I fear that if we don't split up to look for this guy, we won't find him," you said. "Whatever his name was."

"Ree'laty," he reminded you, "and as much as I hate the idea, you're right." He stopped and turned to look at you. His voice was low, a soft whisper to keep his words just for you. "We split up for only a few minutes. When you find him, give me a sign. I'll do the same if I find him."

"Sounds good," you said. You gave him a quick nod and turned.

"And hey." His hand gripped your wrist. Gentle and firm. You looked at him, warmth automatically dusting your cheeks. "You stay safe. I don't like how they're looking at you."

"I will," you said. "You too."

He nodded once, but he waited for you to turn around and walk on. Once you disappeared through the crowd of men that were much taller and larger than you were, he turned and moved on.

The west side of the bar was full of men playing gambling games. Smoke was thick in the air, smelling of different spices you couldn't define. You stifled a choking cough and moved through the bar, vaguely aware of the eyes that were still latched onto the curve of your shoulders, the only part of your skin visible through the robes of grey you wore over your black pants.

"Can I buy you a drink?" a slurred voice asked. You assumed it was directed towards you, so you kept moving.

A hand shot out of the crowd and snatched your wrist. Harsh and tight. Flashes of pain made you whip around, raising your other hand to make a fist. Another hand grabbed yours, circling it and bringing it in front of you.

This wasn't the first time a man had made unwanted advances on you, but it didn't matter. No matter how many times it happened to you, it terrified you to your core more and more every time. Especially when they act physically when you don't answer them. 

"I'll give you one second to release me," you threatened through clenched teeth. "Or I promise you, you'll regret touching me fast." 

The man swallowed hard. His words were drawn out and long, his breath sharp with the bitter smell of alcohol. "I said... can I buy you a drink? I offer, and you threaten me?"