kylo ren | the galaxy could be ours

happy may the fourth! i have plenty of star wars imagines and other surprises heading your way today. first is this rewrite to an old imagine i did a couple of years ago; 3.5k words

p.s. LOOK AT MY REY COSPLAY!! IT'S ALMOST COMPLETE

 LOOK AT MY REY COSPLAY!! IT'S ALMOST COMPLETE

/ / /

There had been so many good days lately. It wasn't something you were used to, but you were ready to accept them as a common occurrence. You let out a bubbly, happy laugh against your husband's soft lips, bringing a soft chuckle from him. Your fingers touched his cheekbone as you stared up at him. He had his arms around you. When he held you like that, the black cloak he wore enveloped you. You felt safe.

"You know that Hux would kill me if he knew I was ignoring my mission," you whispered, kissing him again.

"Who cares?" he grumbled. He brought you closer against him.

Looking into his eyes, you raised your eyebrows. "Well, it's my job on the line."

"Nothing is on the line for you anymore. You're married to the Supreme Leader of the First Order."

Your heart fluttered. You stepped out of his arms to take his hand in your own. You smiled as you intertwined your fingers with his. "Oh, that's right."

Just a few days ago, you and Kylo eloped. Neither of you had planned for it. He had never proposed. But together you traveled to Naboo, where you were wed on the beautiful beach, in the middle of the night, with the soft grey hue of the moon being your only light to see one another.

Since that moment, your life had felt like a blissful fairytale.

A blissful fairytale that healed the hurt of your past. You had once been a part of the Resistance, unsure of your place there, but risking your life nonetheless for the cause. When you were injured and left for dead during an ambush by your brothers and sisters, Kylo Ren stepped up and saved you. When you asked him why he didn't leave you on that planet to die, he said he felt compassion that he couldn't understand for you.

It was easy to match that same compassion for him.

Soon after your rescue, after you had healed and recovered, you were a member of the Order. You weren't sure how you became a member of the First Order. You weren't even sure you agreed with them, but everything about Kylo Ren drew you in and you soon found yourself trusting every belief the man had. It scared you, but it also excited you. When you returned to the Resistance, you did so as a spy. No one knew of your relationship or of your new allegiance. No one knew where you disappeared to every week.

"You should stay," he murmured to you. He hated that you returned to the Resistance.

"Kylo," you said, moving your hands up to grip his upper arms. "This is my job. I would love to stay with you every moment of my day, but I am still your spy. You gave me a place in the First Order with expectations that followed." You gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "And the Resistance is expecting me."