poe dameron | dameron's girls

double update time!!!!

i wrote part of this after kylo ren pulled me out of the crowd at galaxy's edge last week and tried to search through my head ... yes it is another imagine based in batuu

... and it is protective!poe time. 2.1k+ words.

"It's beautiful here," you said

Poe shrugged one shoulder as he concealed his blaster. "It's fine."

"Fine?" you scoffed. "Poe, you must've traveled the whole world by now. Surely you know something beautiful when you see it."

He smirked and cupped your chin with one hand. "'Course I do. I married you, didn't I?"

"You're gross," you said, scrunching your nose. He leaned down and kissed you quickly on the lips. "But I love you for it."

"Mhm." He kissed you again. "Have your blaster?"

"Yup," you said.

"Papa!" the high-pitched squeal of your little girl echoed across the Millennium Falcon. You and Poe turned your heads to see her, grinning wide, arms outstretched, curls bouncing wildly around her shoulders. She launched herself at him. A Daddy's girl through and through.

He swooped her off her feet and encircled her with his arms. Planting a huge kiss on her cheek, he greeted her with a, "Good morning, baby."

"Papa, are we gonna spend all day together?"

"We sure are," he said. "Just me, you, and your Mama."

"And Auntie Rey." Rey stepped out of the Falcon, slipping the strap of her staff across her back. "It seems you keep forgetting about that part."

"Forgetting? Me? No way. No way. 'Course I remember." He grabbed your hand, intertwining your fingers with his.

You laughed quietly and Rey shook her head, a fake smile on her face. With every passing day, it became more impossible for the two of them to get along. Still, they cared for one another, as much as they fought. They cared about you. And they cared about Shera.

Shera, your daughter that took after her father so much that your heart stopped when you first saw her. She was undeniably his, and she was given his mother's name to carry her legacy. She had stolen the hearts of everyone on base, especially her Uncle Finn and Auntie Rey.

Today would be all about her. General Organa had given Rey a mission to survey Batuu. A Resistance spy, Vi, had recently discovered Batuu and chosen it as the newest home of the secret base. It was untouched by the First Order.

It was safe. A good place to grow. To heal after the battle of Crait.

With Rey going off on her quiet mission, you and Poe were given the day to just heal. The two of you hadn't had a day together in a long time, and Shera had even less time with her father.