Working For Yourself 👩🏼‍⚕️

"You should rest another week."

"Killer I'm fine. I need to get back to work. Alvin will be here soon."

"He can go see someone else."

"Kidd calm down. Alvin only going to be here for 10 minutes. I'm just checking his ears, that's all."

"How are you doing that? Is he going to change into a cat?!" Kidd's ears and tail appear.

"Hmm... That could be a problem..."

"You didn't think it through. You should stick to cats and dogs. It'll be better for you, you don't have to deal with nekos and inumimis."

"I'll think of something. Alvin will -"

Knock Knock

"Alvin here," I walk out of the room to the door. Go to open the door and turn around. "Go."

"We're not leaving," Kidd crosses his arms.

"We don't know him," Killer follows.

"He scared Calla and Dahlia off. And gave me fresh fish, when he didn't need to. I'll be fine, go. I'll shower after he leaves."

They walk off, no doubt they'll be close.

I open the door, "hello Alvin. Sorry to make you wait."

"Hi, no it's fine. I understand they're protective."

"Thank you, come in." He walks in, "my room this way." I lead the way.

I see a flicker of red. They're watching...

"Just in here," he walks in. I look back to where I saw Kidd. I go in and close the door. "How're your ears going? You said they were still itchy?"

"Yes. Do you really think you should be working? You still have some bruises."

"I'll be fine. I need to start working. Thanks for worrying."

"Are you going to be able to find work? Your mates aren't well-liked."

"I'll find work. How did your ears go with the drops?"

He sighs, "the swelling went down. They still feel blocked and still are itchy."

"I'll have a look. We do have a slight issue."

"What's that?"

"I only know how to treat cats and dogs. I don't know how to treat people."

"Oh yes, I'll change."

"Thank you, I'll leave. Give you some privacy." This feels awkward.

"Where did you want me to put my clothes?"

"On the chair fine."

"Right."

I leave the room and close the door. Kidd and Killer sitting at my feet.

"Go!" They glare at me. "Now! I'm working."

They change, "I thought you said it wouldn't take long." Kidd's tail flicking side to side.

"We were talking, now go! I need to work, you need to trust me."

"You're our mate," Killer's flicking too.

"Yes, you need to trust me. Please let me work."

"Meow?"

"I got to go. We'll shower together tonight." Their ears twitch, "a 'shower'." A smile reaches their lips. "I thought so, go put clothes on." I go back in, "sorry about that."