Bella Notte

Finally, it was time. The big night of the first date had come indeed. It was nearing the evening upon Jōzenji road. At the Higashikata residence, in Josuke's bedroom, he stood before a mirror hanging on his wall. Oh how he awaited this night, feeling so excited yet nervous. The pompadour teen had gotten himself all dressed up in a white button shirt, a dark purple waistcoat, a black blazer and dress pants, topped off with the finest pair of Bally shoes, he could find as his wardrobe had a taste of the fancy department. He had already showered and fixed his pompadour up until it looked neat, not a hair out of place. He looked like a picture of confidence on the outside but was more nervous on the inside.

'I do hope I will be good for Mirai. I also have to be careful when her father is around.'

Adding a spritz of cologne to himself, he straightened his blazer until everything was in shape.

"Well, looks like someone's looking sharp."

Josuke turned and nearly blushed at his mother's compliment. "Thanks, Mom."

Tomoko beamed, as if she couldn't be more proud of her son. "No problem. Guess you're taking her to Trussardi's."

"Ummm, sure. I will, of course." Josuke started to feel a little awkward. This was Okuyasu's idea after all for the first date. After all the Dating 101, he gave him, he hoped deep inside that he wouldn't mess up, no matter what. 'At least, Mirai's dad wouldn't try to kill me.'

That was what he was fearing the most. One false move and Kenshiro would go berserk and would end up chasing him all over Morioh, bellowing like a rogue elephant.

Bidding his mother goodnight and having left the house, Josuke was now on his way to the Hato residence. Arriving at the front door, he rang the doorbell while trying not to let his nerves get the better of him and being fearful that Kenshiro would answer the door. Thankfully, it was Sumika who had greeted him and led him inside into the hall by the bottom of the stairs.

"Mirai will be down soon. She's busy with her grandma helping out."

Josuke composed himself. "Oh, okay, Mrs. Hato. Anyway, how have you been doing so lately anyway?"

Sumika beamed. "Oh very well, thank you."

The pompadour teen straightened as he asked his next question with all the courage, he could muster. "So...where is your husband anyway?"

Sumika pointed to a doorway as Ryoko made her way downstairs. "In the living room."

Josuke began to shrivel up with fear, his face turning a ghostly white. His own heart flew into his throat. He felt that Kenshiro's eyes would bore into him through the newspaper, he was reading as he was sitting in his favourite chair in the living room. 'Shit, he's here too as well! Man, I'm gonna be dead meat if he comes out sooner or later.'

"Mirai, your beau's arrive." Her grandmother called.

Josuke's thoughts of fear subsided as he turned towards the stairs, his breath hitched at the sight before him.

Making her way downstairs, Mirai was all dressed up in a beautiful white dress with silver gossamer sleeves adorned with pearls and a black ribbon around the waist, she had matching white pumps, a black and white vertical striped choker tied in a bow with a little rose in the centre and to top it off, a little pale rose was in place of her blue ribbon.