Bonding Over Prince

Another school day had passed and the students were already heading on home. It was normal for Josuke, Mirai and the others. During the day, one student had made herself invisible, being a Stand user and sneakily went to steal Josuke's bag. She would've been successful if it weren't for Okuyasu blowing her cover. He was carrying a bucket of water as the students were on cleaning duty and accidentally tripped up, soaking her in the process and causing her Stand's power to wear off. She tried not to look suspicious but Josuke was smart enough to know her little plot. Okuyasu, however, went to supply the girl with a fresh clean uniform to replace her now soaked one as she went to dry off. She introduced herself as Mitsuki Karasu and her Stand, Invisible Man, that gave her the ability to make herself invisible.

Other than that, the day went on like normal.

For now, it was only Josuke and Mirai who were walking on their way home. Koichi had already left with Yukako and Okuyasu had gone off to run an errand for his father. During the journey home, Mirai was softly humming a few bars of Purple Rain along the way. Josuke had remained quiet while walking with the white haired girl.

Mirai noticed this and bit her lip slightly as she thought. 'He's gone silent. Can't just keep walking. What should I say?'

Breathing deeply, Mirai proceeded to break the ice. "So I hear you're into Prince."

Josuke perked at this. "Hmmm? Oh, ummm...Prince..uh sure, I do. Of course, he's one of my favourite musicians, you know."

Mirai lit up at his answer. Her phone charm being the shape of the love symbol. "He's so amazing. My parents first met at one of his concerts and he took the opportunity to play Cupid. It was such a beautiful memory for them and they've been together ever since." She felt her heart soar as she remembered how her mother told her that story. Every time she told her that, she would sigh with happiness while her father smiled warmly. Who ever knew that a famous singer would bring two lovers together?

Josuke's eyes widened as he heard what Mirai told him. "Whoa, well ain't he their Cupid anyway. Yep, love is almost a bit like magic somehow."

Mirai nodded. "Yeah. I even watched the film, Purple Rain with my mom when I was younger. I cried at the end of the song in the ending. It's very emotional for me."

The two teens were just entering Jōzenji road and passed by a neighbour's house. Sitting on the windowsill, there was a radio that was turned on. "Here on Morioh Cho Radio, we play the best tunes to help you get through the day. Now, a little something from Prince."

As if on cue, the song, Mirai mentioned had started. The opening guitar riff was evident and recognisable to anyone. She sniffed a little, feeling a tiny bit emotional. "I love this song, so much." She nearly forgot that Josuke was with her. She blushed, feeling a tiny bit embarrassed. "Oh, sorry about that."

Josuke shrugged. "Umm..never mind, I'm fine with it. By the way, it's a neat song, course."

Mirai sighed in relief before adding. "And beautiful too."

The two teens were nearing Mirai's house where they spotted Sumika who had finished with tending to the front garden. She smiled upon seeing her daughter returning home and bringing a friend over. "Mirai, welcome home, sweetie. And who's this friend, you're with anyway?"

Mirai greeted her mother back before introductions were in order. "Josuke Higashikata. Remember, I told you and grandma about him."

Sumika was amazed for a moment. "Oh yes, of course. Why don't you two come on in?"