Studying and Birthmarks

Time had passed since Josuke and Mirai had their first date, an evening of dinner, dancing, all sealed with their very first kiss. This would be one of their memories, they would treasure for all time. Now Mirai was on her way to Josuke's house on her way to school. She knew the pompadour teen was growing more confident when it came to love, romance and dating, although his timidness would still remain a little.

Approaching the front door of the Higashikata residence, the white haired girl rung the doorbell and was greeted by Tomoko.

"Good morning, Ms. Higashikata. Is Josuke in?"

Tomoko nodded. "Of course, he is." Turning, she called out to him loudly so he could hear her. "JOSUKE!!! YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS HERE!!!,

"Yeah, yeah! I'm coming, Mom!"

Her son came to meet his mother, a little moody at first but brightened upon seeing Mirai standing at the doorway. A blush threatened to make itself known but he held it in, to let his confidence show as they both greeted each other, knowing they would have a good day ahead of them.

Tomoko smirked, knowingly as she asked them. "So how have you two been after your first date?"

That caused the teens to blush extremely, mostly Josuke as his face was more redder. "Well..."

"Fine, very fine. Thanks for asking, Ms. Higashikata."

"That's good." Tomoko beamed only briefly before getting to business. "Now you two head to school now. Don't wanna be late."

Having left Jōzenji road, the two teens were heading on their way. They would be joined by Koichi and Okuyasu along the way, but for now it was just them and them alone. The pompadour teen was gazing down at Mirai while he couldn't help but feel that something was wrong. He had a small uneasy feeling inside of him that he had felt since after the first date.

Mirai was the first to notice. "H-Hey, Josuke, are you alright?"

Josuke tried to shake off his unease, despite his blush. "Wha-? Oh, yeah I-I'm alright.."

Mirai was not convinced as she had seen right through his smile. She sighed. "No need to lie, Josuke. I know you're stressed because of my father and to be honest, I know what you're feeling right about now. When I told my parents and grandmother about out first kiss, he was shocked."

Josuke gasped. He was fearful at first of Kenshiro going berserk once he heard about his daughter kissing a delinquent but being shocked was a different story.

Mirai continued. "My mom and grandma were happy but my dad, he kinda looked like he threw a tantrum like a sissy girl."

Josuke would've laughed but decided against it as he felt Kenshiro would be around. He sighed heavily. "To be honest, when he was younger, my father--I mean, Mr. Joestar used to yell "OH MY GOD!!!" or "OH NO!!!" during weird situations..."

Mirai's eyes widened but as she giggled. She was reminded of hearing that. "Oh he did, did he?" I remember hearing him say that the first time I met him, Jotaro and Shizuka."

Josuke nodded. "Yeah, he did. Also, he said he lost his hand to an ancient creature, he called Pillar Man when he was very young. According to him, "Kars" would still be alive but he somehow turned himself into something who's currently wandering into space..."

Mirai was in absolute shock. "You mean, the creators of the stone mask?"

Josuke continued. "Well, yes. At least the last member alive of the Pillar Men since the three others were defeated by Mr. Joestar during his young days. And if he died, then their race will have gone extinct."

The white haired girl was even more amazed. Who ever knew that Joseph Joestar could accomplish such a feat alongside travelling to Egypt with Jotaro to defeat DIO? That man looked the one whose stories have been told. "He did a great job, defeating him."

Josuke nodded as they continued walking, before meeting the others along the way. "Yes, he did!"

~~~

At Budoga-Oka Middle and High School, it was class time as usual. The teacher began the lecture and writing something about an upcoming test. Many of the students were listening intently and taking notes to remember, except Okuyasu was falling asleep on his desk, snoring loudly all the while. He would end up getting woken by Koichi and an angry question from the teacher, much to Mitsuki's dismay.

"As I was saying, you all have a very important exam coming up so you have to study in order to pass."

All the students nodded but Okuyasu was not impressed as he slumped his head on his desk.

The scar faced teen moaned. "Oh no. Not that!"

Mitsuki saw this and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "It'll be okay. We could study at my place. My parents are away and my aunt Rina won't mind."

Okuyasu perked immediately, beaming. "Thanks, Mitsuki."

Koichi sighed contentedly, a dreamy look in his eyes. "Studying with Yukako...I can't wait."

Josuke and Mirai were both watching from their seats at their friends planning their study dates. They were the last couple to plan their own one.

"Looks like it'll be just us studying together."

The pompadour teen nodded. "That's right. But do you want us to study at my home or at yours?"

Mirai was quick to answer. "Maybe at your place? In case my dad might be home." She felt Josuke's house would be perfect for their study session since Tomoko was a very welcoming woman to her and while Sumika and Ryoko were welcoming to him, Kenshiro was still not trusting of Josuke and there was no way in Hell that she was going to let her dad disrupt their studying time even though Sumika would keep him in line.

"You're right." Josuke remarked, despite being a little fearful. "After all, I think my mom would be okay with this, to be honest..."

Mirai nodded in agreement. "That's good. Don't get me wrong, my mom and grandma are nice and love you but I don't want our studying to have you being chased by my dad with a rolled up newspaper."

Josuke gulped. "Yeah. Me neither, to be honest..."

And thus, their study plan was settled.

~~~

It was later that evening in the Higashikata residence and both Josuke and Mirai were studying in the comfort of his bedroom, sitting upon his bed. Tomoko was more welcoming and even cooked dinner for them before they began hitting the books. The white haired girl was observing a question on one of the books

"Something wrong?"

Mirai pointed to the question, she was focusing on. "This one seems to be tricky."

Josuke's eyebrows scrunched together in thought. "Oh really! Well that's understandable."

His beloved pursed her lips together in thought, hoping to find a good answer. "Hopefully this wouldn't be a problem."

Josuke sighed with relief. "That's very good to know, to be honest."

A couple of hours of studying had passed and they were making good progress in hopes to pass the upcoming exam. Josuke was starting to sweat as it was getting too warm.

Mirai was the first to notice. "Are you okay, Josuke?"

Josuke let out a breath as he fanned himself. "It's so warm in here. I better get my school jacket off."

Getting off the bed to a standing position with his back turned to her, he began unbuttoning his jacket, causing the piece of clothing to slide off his shoulders, revealling his yellow shirt underneath. Mirai blushed the whole time but her eyes widened as she spotted something on the back of his left shoulder.

Mirai's eyes widened. "Erm...Josuke? What's that mark on your shoulder?"

A small birthmark in the shape of a star. She leaned to get s closer look. "Wow! It looks like a birthmark...Does that mean you're--?"

Josuke nodded, turning to her. "Yep! That's the proof that I belong to the Joestar family, through Mr. Joestar even though I'm the product of an affair. He had with my mom. Ever member has that mark, even Mr. Jotaro and his daughter, Jolyne. Who knows, maybe my future children will have that birthmark too, don't you agree?"

Mirai nodded in agreement. Gently taking his hand, she lead him back onto the bed and he knelt in front of her, so they were facing each other. Their eyes, deep pools of ocean meeting sparkling emerald once again, meeting as their hands came together, palms connected and fingers intertwined around each other's. Despite a tiny bit of timidness visible in him, Josuke leaned forward and gently planted a tender kiss upon Mirai's lips. The white haired girl blushed as she returned the kiss, their lips colliding so beautifully and synchronised in a very sweet romantic way. Like on their first date, a whirlwind of sentimental emotions swept over them like the ocean washing over the shore of a warm sandy beach, it was another moment, they don't want to end, no matter what.

That is, until they heard the sound of Josuke's bedroom door opening. "Hey you two, I bought you some beverages and--" The teens pulled away as they spotted Tomoko holding two drinks, she had prepared and brought up. "Whoops, didn't mean to interrupt." She left them on the chest of drawers and left the room as quickly as she had come.

Both teens went red with embarrassment but shook it off as Mirai composed herself, suggesting. "I guess a quick study break won't hurt."

During their break, the Stand user couple were spending it relaxing and sipping the drinks, Tomoko left them. They even talked about their lives before they met and the times before Mirai moved to Morioh. Now she was laughing at what Josuke had told her.

"A prank on Rohan? How did you and Okuyasu pull it off?"

Josuke rubbed the back of his neck, looking a little modest. "Well, that was nothing, to be honest...and we even met an alien who called himself Mikitaka Hazekura."

Mirai was astounded. "Amazing. I hope to meet him someday."

Josuke beamed. "I'm sure you will like him, he's a nice guy."

Their study session went on for a couple of minutes and before they knew it, they were all sorted so they could pass the exam, no problem. Although, there were some study problems left to work on but they would be for another session.

Josuke left out a sigh of relief. "Wow! Can't believe studying for that exam was easier than j thought. Wouldn't you agree, Mirai?"

She nodded. "Yeah." She perked as she suggested. "Maybe someday we can study at my place."

Josuke felt a little uneasy but nodded. "Good point. I just hope your father won't freak out by seeing me because of my hairstyle..."

The white haired girl looked as if she sensed how he was going to feel about going to her house with her dad around. There was no way in hell, he would chaperone her during that time as her mom would be around. "Don't worry. My mom'll keep an eye on him."

The pompadour teen breathed in a relaxed way at those reassuring words. "Oh..that's a relief."

Mirai softly smiled at her beloved, her eyes showing a sparkle of devotion as she leaned upwards and gently placed a soft chaste kiss upon his cheek. Josuke blushed at the action but smiled in response nonetheless.

Maybe falling in love wasn't as complicated as he thought it would be at first.

~~~

"Really? You think so? Hmmm...very well. Thank you for your information. It's still a pleasure to receive that kind of information from your foundation. Later."

Jotaro hung up the phone and sat back with a sigh. He had a call from the Speedwagon Foundation that there was another Stand user causing trouble. Just when he thought Rui and Candy Coloured Clown were pure evil, this stand was absolutely dangerous as he gazed at the photographs of the Stand in question, resembling an anthropomorphised martini glass, filled with an alcoholic beverage, taken courtesy of Joseph's Stand, Hermit Purple.

Speaking of the old man...

"OH MY GOD!! Jotaro, you gotta help me! Shizuka took off her diaper and now she's on the run!"

Joseph was in a real pickle as he was chasing Shizuka around, trying to put her diaper back on her. He was so slow, due to his old age as the invisible baby was a speedy crawler, laughing as she was trying to escape him.

Jotaro sighed. "Oh, good grief. And I thought raising Jolyne was the hardest thing I could do." Surely, Jolyne didn't misbehave toward her own father when she was little. "Fine, I guess I have no choice left..."

At this very moment, his Stand glow emanated from him and Star Platinum made his presence known. The light blue and purple muscular figure had plenty more agility as he managed to catch Shizuka. "Ora!"

Shizuka only looked up at the Stand, a curious coo escaping her. Star Platinum smiled down at the little one as she giggled in his arms, distracting her.

Joseph chuckled as he began to change his adoptive daughter. "Oh, nice job, Jotaro."

Jotaro nodded slightly. "Star oughta keep her out of mischief." Getting to business, he added. "I got a call from the Speedwagon Foundation. They said something about a Stand user getting people drunk. He happens to be a bartender at the Bombalurina Nightclub in downtown Morioh, next door to the Darling Nikki love hotel." He became more serious. "We might not take any chances so we'll have to round up Josuke and the others. Sara has a burlesque act that night so I'll call her to enlist her help."

Joseph nodded seriously. "Great idea, Jotaro." He turned from serious to adding a bit of cheeky humour. "I never knew your old flame would go on to become Morioh's queen of burlesque."

Jotaro blushed a deep scarlet before he sighed. "Oh good grief. I just hope Jolyne won't be like her once she's older."

Shizuka began to laugh some more as Star tried his hardest not to laugh, upon getting a glare from his user.

Whoever this new Stand user was, they were bound to be more trouble than they bargained for.