Prom Night

Some time had passed since the fight with Ahmya and Josuke, Mirai and their friends were getting back on track. Since their last Stand battle, things had considerably mellowed out. Josuke was so relieved that Mirai was alright, otherwise the worse would have happened, had he not shown up. He couldn't risk losing her, like when he almost lost Okuyasu at the hands of a certain Stand using serial killer. Mirai, on the other hand, was glad that everything was okay and her father was alive and well, having finally accepted Josuke and seeing the good underneath his delinquent exterior. There were times where memories of her run in with Ahmya would flash in her mind, haunting her. Thankfully, her pompadour prince knew what this meant and was always there to provide her comfort, support and love in any way possible.

Life was becoming very decent for them, especially the days leading up to the one occasion, they've been waiting for.

Prom night.

At the Hato residence, Josuke was in the living room with Kenshiro, looking himself over his prom attire. He was all decked out in a white dress shirt, a light ocean blue tie, a navy blue blazer with two pins, an anchor on one side and a heart on the other, matching trousers and the finest pair of Bally shoes to top it all off. Tomoko was upstairs with Sumika and Ryoko, helping Mirai get ready for the evening.

'You just saved Morioh for the second time, what could possibly go wrong this time?'

Sipping a cold can of beer while sitting in his favourite chair, Kenshiro observed Josuke from head to toe. "So, your first ever prom. Where does the time go?"

Josuke sighed. "I know..." But he knew and Kenshiro could tell that he was nervous.

The older male gave a reassuring look, placing a large hand on the teen's shoulder. "You'll be just fine. It's all about having fun, showing my daughter the time of her life."

Josuke nodded. For a prison warden, Kenshiro knew a thing or two about love, having experienced it with Sumika, culminating in their marriage and Mirai's birth. "Don't worry, I will."

As the father took another swig from his beer can, footsteps came down the stairs. Josuke turned to see Tomoko enter the living room, followed by Sumika and Ryoko and got up from the couch. "Mom?"

Tomoko smiled warmly. "She's ready, Josuke."

"Hope you're ready." Sumika chimed.

"Because here she is." Announced Ryoko.

As if on cue, the three women stepped aside for what Josuke was about to see

As if on cue, the three women stepped aside for what Josuke was about to see. Mirai Hato, blushing all the while, made an entrance in the most beautiful prom dress, she had ever dreamed of wearing. The bodice was adorned with pink and chocolate brown lace, a pink sash was tied around the waist, adorned with a pink flower and ribbon, the bottom had a floral pattern. She even had gloves and a pink shawl to match. To top it off, a matching choker was around her neck and pale pink flower adorned her hair.