When Doves Cry

Night had fallen upon Morioh by the time, Jotaro, Josuke and the others returned to the Morioh Grand Hotel. The older male had taken Barzotti off somewhere for interrogation, leaving the others to return to their rooms as they were staying for the night. The only ones awake, were Josuke and Mirai as Okuyasu, Mitsuki and Koichi had already gone to bed and Sara went to her own room.

Alone in the en suite bathroom, Mirai looked very melancholy as she stood before a mirror hanging above the bathroom sink. She was wiping her face with a moist towelette, removing any makeup. She was usually very strong willed but after seeing a reminder of her secret, she felt like she could crumble emotionally if it got out. Even if she told anyone, be it her family, her friends, even her beloved Josuke. She was so afraid of his reaction, of what he would say or do. The thought of that was eating away at her and she felt she would have no other choice but to tell him. Strange Magic was feeling the same as her user.

Disposing the makeup stained towelette into the waste bin, she sauntered her way out of the bathroom. Passing by a table, the white haired girl removed her red gloves and placed them over a nearby chair. She could hear Josuke coming from another part of the room, helping to put Shizuka to bed for the night. A soft sad sigh escaped from her as she stared straight ahead at nothing in particular. She didn't want to worry him or anyone else.

"Hey, Mirai." A voice softly spoke, a hand gently placed on her shoulder as not to startle her as Josuke turned Mirai to face him. Concern was evident in his ocean blue orbs. "Like, are you okay?"

Mirai gazed downwards for a brief moment before she looked back up, trying to compose herself. "Josuke...I think I should tell you something." She looked over his shoulder to the cradle, where little Shizuka was asleep. "Let's go talk over at the window. Don't wanna wake Shizuka up."

Josuke agreed. "Sure, why not then."

The two teens quietly walked to the nearest window, a good distance from the sleeping invisible baby as to not disturb her slumber. Sitting down on the windowsill and observing a view of Morioh in the night time, Mirai was the first to speak, slowly choosing her words.

"You know about Strange Magic's ability to hallucinations to others upon being hit by it?" Her beloved nodded, before she continued. "I need to tell you that..not all hallucinations, anyone had, are funny or beautiful."

Josuke understood. "I see what you're saying there...but feel free to tell me anything...it's alright."

Mirai took a deep breath and with as much courage as she could assemble, began to reveal the truth, meaning every word of it and making it sound as clear as possible.

"Well, before I moved to Morioh..I was already getting to know Strange Magic and its power. It was a bit easy at first until that one day. Some mean girl was trying to antagonise someone, so I had the urge to defend someone. So my Stand struck that girl. She did stop but then..she started to have the most nightmarish hallucination ever. Since other people, including my parents, couldn't see my Stand..." She began tearing up, but continued on, despite the sting behind her eyes. "She was diagnosed as having schizophrenia and had to be institutionalised for God knows how long. After that incident, I had to learn to control my Stand, which I did..but now I.." She sniffled. "I.." Fresh tears began to fall from her emerald eyes and roll down her cheeks as a sob escaped her, softly as to not wake anyone. "I still feel haunted by what I did..."

Her body wracked with soft painful sobs that escaped her as tears were flowing. Mirai  felt like her heart and strong willingness had been destroyed as she lost her composure, right in front of Josuke sitting across from her.