In The Rain

"Our forecast in Morioh today is mild and bright, then we'll be in for some rain in the afternoon. Now on with the music here on Morioh Cho Radio."

~~~

It had been a week since Josuke, Jotaro and the others had got into a skirmish with Rui and her sleep powered Stand, thus solving the mystery of those sleep related murders that had been happening in Morioh. However the perpetrator had left a hint that she had been working with someone, before being brought to justice. Jotaro was currently looking into it back at the Morioh Grand Hotel with Joseph, knowing to let the others know.

Now, Josuke, Koichi and Okuyasu were at Tonio's restaurant, having been served food and beverages. The three boys were now discussing something.

"So is it true that Rui happens to be working with someone?" Asked Koichi, leaning forward to listen, holding onto his glass of Italian soda.

"What do you reckon they want with Mirai?" Asked Okuyasu, through a mouthful of pasta, careful not to spatter any sauce around.

"Honestly, beats me then." Josuke shrugged, sipping his cappuccino.

"I heard Mr. Jotaro is looking into it." Koichi replied.

During the conversation, Tonio was busy setting up what seemed to be an old fashioned looking record player, in one corner of the restaurant. The Italian chef put on a vinyl record in order to play some mood music to give some atmosphere. After a bit of tinkering, the music began. It was an old Italian folk song. The boys' ears perked as a singer's voice was heard, yet Josuke realised that it was a certain King of Rock N' Roll's version of Santa Lucia that was playing.

Okuyasu beamed as he sat back in his chair, relaxing. "Hey, this is good fitting music."

Josuke did the same as Okuyasu, followed by Koichi. "Now, this is just getting groovy."

Tonio noticed his customers' reaction, his heart swelling with joy. "Grazie. Nothing's more wonderful than music from my homeland to set the mood. Although I have room in my heart for music by the Americans." He was referring to the singer.

The pompadour teen couldn't agree more to this statement. "Then why don't we get all jazzy?"

That remark got them laughing. What they didn't notice, was that a certain white haired girl had entered the dining area from the kitchen, dusting cloth in hand, getting onto a stepping stool to dust the shelves and clean the ornaments that were displayed in the restaurant.

Josuke's eyes widened and his laughter ceased as he turned and spotted Mirai, donning a bandana over her hair and an apron over her normal clothes. "Mirai?"

Mirai turned and recognised the source of the voice. "Josuke?"

However, that resulted in her losing her balance and risk falling from the stepping stool, after she had finished dusting. The next thing she knew, she had landed in the arms of the pompadour styled teen, having rushed over to save her, a look of concern and worry in his ocean blue eyes. "Mirai, are you alright?"

Mirai nodded. "Yeah, I'm..." She trailed off as her emerald green eyes looked up at him from where she was in his arms, especially when the short Italian accordion solo played.

"Huh?" Josuke quickly realised, he was still holding Mirai in the manner of a groom carrying his bride. He slowly moved to balance Mirai to a standing position before bowing apologetically. "I'm so sorry!"