True Confrontation

Mirai didn't know how long she was running through the streets of Morioh. She had been doing it all afternoon but to her, it seemed like a whole eternity, growing more and more worried with each hour that passed as she continued to search frantically for her father. Earlier when she and her gal pals, Yukako and Mitsuki had parted ways after their little day out, she received a worried call from her mother, saying that Kenshiro hadn't come home from work. Judging by Sumika's worried tone, her daughter felt like she was going to panic. There were times when Kenshiro would be working late at the penitentiary and Sumika wouldn't worry about him as he would always be home for tea. Abruptly hanging up on her phone call, Mirai immediately set off to search for her father and hoped to bring him home safely. The white haired girl searched every street, corner and alleyway but there was no sign of him. She even called out to him during her search but received no answer. Many of Morioh's residents would watch on with concern but Mirai paid no attention to them. What mattered now was her father and she just had to find him, no matter what.

'Please be okay, Dad. Mom is worrying badly for you. Please be safe so we can come home...'

Upon turning a corner, Mirai noticed a shadow stretching from a distance. Fear began to grow within her but she put on a brave front to approach the source of the shadow. Her eyes widened at what..or to be exact, who..it was.

"Dad..?"

She didn't think that her heart could beat any faster but upon seeing a person's body lying on the ground, it began to beat so fast, she felt it would self destruct in her chest for sure. Laying before her was Kenshiro.

"Dad!"

She ran up to him in a frenzy of concern, placing her fingers upon his neck to see if she could feel a pulse. She was glad that he was still alive as he was only unconscious.

"Dad! Dad, we must get home! Wake up. Wake up!" Mirai tried to awaken him but to no avail. "Please, wake up..."

No reply or movement.

"He won't be waking."

Mirai's emerald orbs widened upon hearing a cold calculated feminine voice. Looking upwards, she spotted a figure sauntering toward her. A woman, dressed all in black with long raven hair tied in a high ponytail, her lips a deep shade of onyx and her eyes a darker chocolate brown.

"Who are you? What do you want with me?" Asked Mirai, anxiety laced in her voice. "What did you do to my father?" Her concern only grew. "Please tell me, he's not..."

"He's still alive..but only just..." The woman in black answered.

Mirai should've been glad at that answer but something about that stranger began to unnerve her. Judging by a cold look in her eyes, whatever intents she had would not be pretty.

"Young Mirai Hato..we finally meet." She smiled a cold smile. "My name is Ahmya Saikou. Though you might not be familiar with the surname."

"Saikou..." Where had Mirai heard that before? The last thing she heard of that surname was..."No...that can't be...the same surname as..."

"The girl in the mental institution to cured of her so-called schizophrenia..." Her eyes narrowed. "The one who happened to be my younger sister."

Mirai was stunned. "What?!"

Ahmya nodded. "Yes. My sister, Megami. She went to the same school as you."

The white haired girl felt like the world around her was spinning out of control and about to come crashing down. She felt like she was trapped in a prison of guilt with what that wicked woman had prepared to tell her.

"Yes, she was the one who had been struck by this power, you own. A Stand. Everyone thought she had become schizophrenic ever since that one incident but I was the only one who knew the cause of her being sent to the madhouse. After a couple of years since the incident, I took a little journey to the town of Morioh and who should I find who moved there, but you. The very person, I was anxious yet fortunate to meet."