A Hidden Secret

The streets of Morioh have never been more pleasant for Mirai to walk around. She really knew her way around more than when she first arrived. Even the tour, Josuke and his friends had given her, helped. She was on a little stroll when she was passing the home of Rohan Kishibe, a well known manga artist and creator of Pink Dark Boy. He was sitting out in the front patio, pen in hand in preparation to write a new manuscript when he spotted the white haired girl.

"Ah, Mirai. Out on a little walk today, are you?"

Mirai turned to see the mangaka. "Oh yes. Just getting some fresh air."

"How interesting." Rohan remarked. "I'm just getting a manuscript for a new chapter and I'm thinking, you could be a small source of inspiration for a new character, I'm introducing."

Mirai tilted her head in question. "Really? How?"

The artist nodded. "Yes. I know that you've been hanging around Josuke. I'm guessing you two are dating now?"

Mirai blushed as she nodded. "Yes. Why do you ask?"

Rohan sat back in his chair. "Oh just curious." His eyes held a little look of disgust as he thought about Josuke and all the things he did to him in the past. Giving him a one way ticket to the hospital, cheating money out of him in a dice game and setting his house on fire. "But, as you're good friends with Koichi, I feel we'll be able to get along just fine. I'd like to know many things about you."

The girl's eyes widened. "Me?"

Strange Magic began to make herself known, preparing to protect her user. Mirai reassured her that Rohan was harmless.

"So you're also a Stand user. Funny, as I'm one too."

Upon mentioning, a Stand emanated from him. A small humanoid boy, resembling the main character of Pink Dark Boy, wearing a long overcoat, closed at the end of its torso and a bow tie. Its face had an outline connecting to lines emanating around its eyes and it's flat topped hat was similar to a boater.

"Let's see what Heaven's Door has discovered about you, shall we?"

Before Mirai could register what was happening, Heaven's Door had made what seemed like pages open from random parts of her body. Every page told a story about her life in detail, there were so many facts that fascinated Rohan as he read each and every page. When and where she was born, her childhood, what school she attended before moving to Morioh, when she acquired her Stand, her life was a fascinating story. That is, until...

"What is this?"

There were letters that were blurred out, like it was hidden among the shadows.

"It looks like she has a hidden secret." Rohan observed. 'It I could find a way to get her to reveal it...'

"Mirai!"

Rohan gritted his teeth as he heard the voice of his worst nightmare in the form of a pompadour styled delinquent. The pages on Mirai closed, meaning Heaven's Door's ability had worn off.

"Oh, good day, Josuke." He greeted, albeit with sarcasm. "Come to pick up your little girlfriend, I see."

Mirai was a little stunned. She didn't expect Josuke to show up like that. Her heart settled as she composed herself.

"I didn't expect to see you around. Are you and Okuyasu up to something?"

Josuke beamed. "Oh, no nothing like that. We're just heading to the ice cream place. You're more than welcome to join us."

Rohan rolled his eyes at the sight as the two teens were leaving on their way. "Well I suppose, I shall have to get back to working on my manuscript. Please keep your PDA away from me and don't even think about going at it like rabbits in front of my property!"

Josuke's face turned burning red as he heard that. He knew what this possibly meant and was glad that Mirai would remain ignorant of it. They were both on their way to meet up with Okuyasu at the destination, blissfully unaware of whatever could be happening that could be Stand related.

As they walked, Mirai was in fear deep down inside of her. 'I don't know how I'm going to reveal my secret to Josuke...this could be a real problem...how am I to explain it to him?'

A question, she now feared, might never be answered.