New Girl Meets Pompadour Prince

"Man, every day at school is always the same. Bored, bored, bored. Bored, bored, bored!"

Josuke Higashikata sighed as Okuyasu Nijimura was lamenting how every day of school was very tiresome. Koichi Hirose paid no mind to his rambling as he took a seat at his desk as their pompadour styled leader tended to his hair.

"I know it can be, Okuyasu but it's part of life." Josuke remarked. "Besides, my mom would probably get me off my game console and send me out the door in a heartbeat. At least we have a little time, before the teacher gets here."

Koichi nodded. "Hopefully, it'll be worth it in the end, however this day will turn out."

Okuyasu sighed in defeat, before leaning his head on his desk, closing his eyes. "Well, wake me when class is over, will ya?"

Josuke was not amused as he finished fixing his pomp. "This is just great."

Budo-ga Oka Middle and High School was always filled with bustling students and faculty members. Every boy and girl would attend to get an education in order to go to college or university and live a normal life. Every day would still be plain with the same students attending classes and the same teachers giving out lectures. The students in Class 1-B were doing their usual business when the classroom door slid open.

"Students, take your seats. No throwing paper! Nijimura! Not in class."

The teacher's voice startled the sleeping teen awake. "What?" He asked in a tired voice.

The teacher stood in position behind his desk, clearing his throat and getting to business. "Good. Now that everyone is seated, we have a new student starting today. If you'd like to come in, please."

As if on cue, Mirai walked into the classroom. She had an air of confidence around her as well as a bit of grace. She looked neat in her uniform as her dove white locks were flowing a bit, adorned with her small light blue bow. All of the classroom started to gossip about this newcomer but Josuke, while whispering with Okuyasu and Koichi, had never seen her before. They had to keep their voices low as possible so the teacher would not hear them and catch them in the act.

"Would you like to introduce yourself?"

"Yes, sir." The girl nodded, before turning and bowing to the classroom. "I'm Mirai Hato. I have moved into Morioh. It's a pleasure to meet you all."

The teacher gave a look of approval. "Very good. Now where to seat you?" He began scanning the entire classroom, among his students, until he found a vacant spot. "Oh, there's a vacant desk by the window next to Mr. Higashikata."

"Thank you, sir." Mirai turned but her eyes fell to who the teacher was referring to. It was the same pompadour boy from the other day. He was sat at his desk, with two of his friends, a bored look adorning his face. 'It's him. That boy who beat up that mugger. Better get through today.' Getting her composure together, the white haired teen walked briskly over to her desk and took her seat, her eyes choosing to focus on the teacher as he began today's lesson.

Josuke's eyes shifted over to Mirai and began to examine her carefully. Strangely enough, he could feel a Stand power emitting from her. 'This power...I'm sure she's a Stand user as well. Better be careful around her though.' The black haired teen chose to focus on the lecture along with the others.

Mirai was busy taking notes of what the teacher was saying. As she jotted down one sentence after another, she couldn't help but wonder about the boy who was sitting next to her. She had a strange urge to get a good look at him but she wanted to get through her first day like normal. 'Be careful, Mirai. Whatever you do, do not look at him. Never cast a glance.' The girl composed herself, listening to her voice in her mind. Besides, whatever would her dad say, if he found out, she encountered a boy, especially one with a pompadour like him?