A New Mystery

"It's another good morning here when you're tuned into Morioh Cho Radio. We'll be cranking up our usual array of tunes to set your mood for your day ahead of you. Stay tuned for the local news after we kick this day off with some ELO."

"Goodness, Mirai. Only your first day and you found some friends." Sumika remarked.

Mirai nodded as she was halfway through her breakfast, sitting with her mother and grandmother at the table. Kenshiro had already gotten up early for his shift at the penitentiary, having had a quick breakfast.

"Well they sounded very nice. Although Josuke was rather timid." Mirai admitted, while finding it adorable.

"That sounds rather cute. You oughta invite them over sometime." Ryoko chuckled, sipping her tea.

Sumika nodded in agreement. "Yes. After all, new places, new faces as they say."

Mirai sipped her drink, a nervous look in her eyes. "Although I don't know what dad would say about them. Well, he could accept Yukako but I'm not sure how he'd feel around Josuke, as well as Koichi and Okuyasu."

Sumika placed a hand on her daughter's in reassurance to ease her worries. "Now don't you worry. I'll keep an eye on your father."

Mirai nodded, upon finishing her breakfast. "Okay. Thanks, mom."

Picking up her school satchel, she went to grab her penny loafers and head out to school. "I'll see you later." And she went out the door to start another day of school.

She even looked forward to see her new friends again.

~~~

Jōzenji road was a fine neighbourhood in all of Morioh. It was a little small but comfortable for anyone to live in. Mirai took comfort in the fact as she strolled briskly around, observing all the houses and gardens that stood before her. It was no wonder, her family chose to settle their upon their move. She came across one house in particular but stopped upon hearing what sounded to be a female nagging voice.

"Josuke! What are you doing?! Your friends are waiting!"

Josuke's voice sounded, albeit a bit irritated. "Alright! I know, mom! I'm coming!"

'So this must be Josuke's house.' Thought Mirai.

His mother's tone of voice hinged on a little threatening. "Don't make me have to drag you by the ear to the door! If you keep that attitude up, I'll have you know that you're never too old for me to put you over my knee and paddle your bottom."

"Okay! Okay! Jeez, I'm going down!" Footsteps were heard from inside as the front door opened as Josuke called out to his mom. "Later, mom. I love you!" The pompadour haired boy turned and nearly jumped upon noticing Mirai who was standing outside his house. "Oh hi, Mirai."

His mother looked over his shoulder and spotted the white haired girl. "Oh, is that the new girl, you told me about?"

Mirai noticed the woman and began to proceed with the introductions. "Hi, my name is Mirai Hato. I moved in, so I'm new in this town."

The woman beamed in amazement. "Oh, that's such wonderful news to hear! Josuke has been talking about you, since yesterday. I'm Tomoko by the way."

As Tomoko mentioned this to Mirai, Josuke was becoming very embarrassed as his mom began to spout this information to Mirai. Her eyes widened. "Oh, has he?"