7

~Y/n's Pov~

All Gryffindor, years 4 and up, were called into an empty classroom. Where professor McGonagall split girls on one half of the room, and boys on the other.

"Now that everyone's settled." She said, clapping her hands. "The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our gust gathering in the Great Hall for a night for a night of well manners' frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost a dance."

From that, all, well most of the girls turned to each other and snicker. The boys looked upset. Me on the other hand jut looked at the ground. Maybe glanced at George. I wasn't dancer. And I never would be, I'd just make a fool of myself. Dancing was always something I hated. Even if it was around people I know, I hated it.

"Silence" she yelled, making everyone stop talking and look in her direction. "The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening to besmirch that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons." To which she got more comments. This time from the twins. I couldn't make out what they were saying, due to the fact they were on the other side of the room, but knowing them, they were probably making some comment or something.

"Now, to dance is to let the body breath. Inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst and take flight. Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance." After Ron said something while pointing at someone, he made Seamus and Harry laugh, and McGonagall gave him a disapproving look. "Mr. Weasley." She now faced Ron.

"Yes?" He nervously asked.

"Will you join me please?" Ron got up and followed her to the center of the room. "Now place your right hand on my waist."

"Where?"

"My waist." She repeated. Boys whistled and he jerked his hand away. But she grabbed it and replaced it on her waist. "Bind your arm. Mr. Filch if you please." The music was turned on, and she began to count.

"One two three, one two three, one to three. Every one come together! Boys on your feet! You too, miss Finnigan." Every other girl was on their feet besides me. Neville was the first boy up. Then one by one, more got up.

"Y/n! Get up!" Angelina pulled me up. I just rolled my eyes. Angelina looked around for someone, Fred. Both Fred and George came over to us both.

"May I have this dance, Jonson?" Fred asked in a formal voice, offering a hand to Angelina.

"You may." She grabbed his am and they walked off.

"Darling." George smiled. Gesturing out an arm.

"Of course." Grabbing his arm, I whisper in his ear. "I don't dance, So expect me stepping on your feet."

"Thanks for the warning. And same to you." 

After sometime of stepping on each other's feet, it was lunch.

"My feet hurt now." George complained.

"I warned you! But you're actually quite good at dancing. You hardly stepped on my feet."

"Yeah, but still." I rolled my eyes and walked over to Seamus. "Oi, Seamus."

"Oh, hi Y/n"

"How as your dancing?" I asked

"Miserable! And quite embarrassing." Not only did Seamus answer to this, but Dean, Harry, and Ron did too.

"Really? Mine was nice." Neville said. I swear, that boy is the sweetest thing alive.