15

Hi there :)

-Mention of death, from last chapter-

~Y/n's Pov~

A few days had passed. Everyone was still in their gloomy mood about Cedric's death. Me and the twins wernt really upset. The twins didn't like him that much, and I didn't know him enough to cry over his death. Lee didn't seem upset either. But people like Cho had a full on melt down any time someone mentioned his name. Harry looked upset, but he latterly saw the boy die. And Voldemort's return.

Some people didn't believe Harry when he said Voldemort was back. Like Seamus, for example. But who would joke about someone like Voldemort coming back? Sure, Harry can be dumb, but not that dumb.

Dumbledore had said there was going to be a funeral for Cedric, and that all students must attend. And now we were there. Siting in the Great Hall.

"Today, we acknowledge, a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know was exceptionally hardworking, infinitely fair-minded, and most importantly, a fierce, fierce friend. Now I think there for you have the right to know how exactly he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered. By Lord Voldemort. The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this, but not to do so, I think, would be an insult to him memory. Now the pain, we all feel, but this dreadful lose reminds us why we may come from different places, and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light or recent events, the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever, remember that. Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that. And we will celebrate a boy who was kind, and honest, and brave, and true, right to the very end." I looked at Harry, who looked upset, maybe even to the verge of crying.

To be honest, even though I didn't know Cedric enough to cry over, Dumbledore's words got to me. I didn't cry. But I felt bad, for all the people who did know him well enough to cry over. 

I was sitting in between George and Lee, so I moved my hand to George's, and he locked his fingers with mine. 

No lights were on. Just the sunlight shining through the windows. The light hit people's faces, showing tears that laid on their faces. The sound of silence, sniffling, and crying. Mainly from Cho than anyone else. Hufflepuffs looking like they had just seen a ghost. Yet you see them on daily bases throughout the corridors.

Shortly we were dismissed, and we all went back to our common rooms. Fred, George, Lee, and I just went up to their dorm.

"You ok?" George whispered to me.

"Mhm." I hummed.

Never in my life had I been to someone's funeral. Or even seen the body. I had never heard so much silence.  

I knew people would never let this go. Because even before this day, Hufflepuffs would always say 'Remember Diggory' or 'He deserved better' but everyone has to move on. At some point. Even if they don't want to.