28

(Gonna be short :/)

~Y/n's Pov~

Angelina, Katie, Lee, the twins and I were all sitting in Defend Against The Dark Arts. Angelina and Katie were sitting together across from Fred and Lee, while George and I sat in front of the boys. 

"Ok, class, welcome to a new year at Hogwarts. I'm so glad I get to teach a potentially smart group of young witches and wizards." The new DADA teacher clapped her hands together with joy. Every year we had a new DADA teacher. And every year we got a bad one. Except for our 5th year when Lupin taught us. He's probably one of my favorite teachers from Hogwarts. "I am professor Umbridge. Now, let's not waste one minute and let's get into the lesson for today."

She raised her wand and passed text books out to everyone. "What happened to the whole magic stuff. I mean, that's what this school is for." I said, looking at George.

"What was that? Ms. Finnigan is it?" The short, pinked out professor looked at me.

"Oh, I was just saying that this school is about magic, and here we are reading a text book."

"Magic is far too dangerous. I mean-" She did a little laugh, "The world is perfectly harmless."

"If you think Voldemort and Death eaters are safe, then sure." I shrugged and flipped through the pages.

"There are no such things." She shot at me.

"Oh, sorry, you're right." I said sarcastically as I stopped on a random page and started reading. Something to do with hexes and jinxes.

"What happened to Cedric Diggory was pure accident." 

"I didn't even bring him up, that was all you."

"That's it, Ms. Finnigan! Detention after class in my office! I don't want to hear another word out of you." After that, I shut up. I knew I didn't like this teacher.

"Look at you already getting detention on the first day of classes." Both Fred and George sounded like two proud fathers.

"Shut it, you Arseholes." 

-----

After class, I waved bye to the others and went to the professors office. It was only 3rd period and I already got a detention.

"Hello Ms Y/n." Umbridge said happily as she mixes sugar into her tea. The office was covered in pink. Everything was pink. There were also cat plates all over the walls. Talk about crazy pink cat lady. "Now we both know why you're here. Don't we?"

"Yes ma'ma."  No, not really."

"Now your punishment will be simple because it's your first day. All you have to do is write lines. Just write 'I will not use attitude'."

"How many times?" I sighed.

"Just until you feel like you understand." She slowly pushed a quill towards me.

"What about the ink?"

"Oh, you won't be needing any." She smiled.

I looked down at the parchment that sat on the table and picked up the inkless quill. I will not use attitude, I will not, but then a sharp pain spread throughout my hand like a cat as scratching as hard as it could. My had had been carved in, the words I wrote on the parchment appeared on my hand. Standing up, the little pink lady looked up at me.

"Is something wrong?"

"Not at all, I just realized I understand what I did. I am deeply sorry for what I did."

"It is ok. This time, you may go now."

"Not sorry at all." I mumbled as I walked out of the room and to the corridor.

"Shortest detention ever." George laughed, greeting me by the door. "What's wrong?" he looked at my eyes glossy eyes, tears threatened to fall ever so slowly.

"Nothing." I shook my head, put my bag over my shoulder, and started walking.

"No, something's wrong, and you're going to tell me." He placed his hands on my shoulders to stop me.

"I said, nothing." I pushed free from his grasp and kept walking.

"Y/n, if something's wrong, then tell me. I can help."

"Nothing wrong. You can't even do anything about it." I was starting to get mad. I didn't want him to get worried, but that plan already failed. He looked like he was about to get mad too. "George, there's nothing you can do about it. Thank you, though, but I think I can handle myself."

The tall ginger reached for my hand and grabbed it before I could pull it away. I winced in pain. "What the hell happened back there? Don't tell me nothing. Shit obviously happened."

The tears that threatened to fall before did fall. They fell down slowly, but did enough that they didn't stop. "She made me write lines." I looked back down the corridor. "S-she made me use a special quill that didn't need ink, and it carved into my hand."

"That bitch-" He stated for her classroom, but I stopped him.

"Please, don't. You'll only make matters worse. Who know, you'll get detention and get the same treatment."

"I don't care."

"But I do." I gave him a soft smile.

"Fine, but if her hairs green tomorrow, then don't ac surprised." He hugged me, and we went back to the common room.

--

Harry was sitting on the couch with Ron and Seamus when we got there. Seamus was wrapping Harry's hand up with some medical stuff he stole from the hospital wing last year.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"Detention after 3rd." I lifted my hand. "You too? Damn." He gave me a sympathetic look.

"Are you ok? Let me wrap it up for you." Seamus came to me and snatched my hand.

"Ow!" I yelled.

"Sorry!" He gently wrapped it and hugged me. That Umbrige doesn't know what's coming for her.

"I bet she doesn't." Ron laughed. "An angry Irish mad isn't a pretty sight."

"You take that back." My brother waved his fist at him jokingly.

"Don't you dare get detention. If you do, I'll write to mom saying you got detention, and then you'll be in even worse pain." I crossed my arms.

"No don't! I beg you, don't! Please. I'll do anything." He pleaded.

"Then simply don't get detention." 

"Easier said than done." George looked at the both of us.

"You do stupid stuff. No wonder why it's easier said than done."