Chp14: Be prepared...

For once since the day I arrived which must be a week ago, I was actually having breakfast with my family. I had a right to be surprised since this was how life was before we all grew up and it was quite unbelievable to have it back for awhile at least. I sometimes wonder what happened when I was gone that changed everything so much but that can just be me overthinking.

Even when we were kids mum and dad used to be busy with the press and movies but we were a happy family. But it faded slowly and I didn't even question it cause the change was slow and unnoticeable. We just accepted the fact we have our own lives except for the fact we live in the same house now. It's a family mansion though which suites our family pretty well since it doesn't have that welcoming feeling or that cozy feeling. It looks like a resort with long quiet hallways, a kitchen like the ones it hotels with 24 hour food supply and not to mention the indoor sports ground. The only thing I liked about the interior was the spiral staircase, it looked like a classical and straight out of the olden times.

"My pancakes." Sebastian said in groggy voice. A servant served him with a plate and he made a face, now that's bad.

"Rose didn't make this. I can't eat it, go take it back. Where is she, anyways?" Seb had recognised the difference in the pancakes immediately and now he would throw a fit. That's a way to start a family breakfast.

"She had an early therapy session with one of her patients so she left." The servant replied and retrieved back to the kitchen with the pancakes.

"Uhh...she was supposed to make my breakfast and then leave." Seb turned red with fury just for his breakfast, what a spoilt brat. He only wanted Rose to cook for him as her food did have its own aroma.

"You had breakfast when you didn't even know she existed." Mum pushed Sebastian to the edge of his tolerance to leave the breakfast table. Sarcasm is the perfect way to ruin someone's day and their mood. Mum can make matters worse for sure as much as I don't like Seb I wouldn't want him to start his day without breakfast. But dare not say anything otherwise the woman could ruin my day as well.

As Sebastian was leaving he bumped into to a hungover Steve who stumbled forward but soon gained back his balance. Sebastian disappeared around the spiral staircase.

Steve took a seat next to me and Mark at the table, he probably didn't remember anything.

"Ella, could you pass the coffee? Oh and sorry for yesterday, I had it pretty bad." I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him on his cheek. The way he apologised melted my heart, Steve wasn't an open person. He had a hard time expressing his feelings.

"Aww, it's okay Steve." He smiled at me.

" So Ella, what are you planning to do?" Dad attempted to start a conversation with me for the first time in the past couple of days, it usually was the same "how's your day today?" Ella thing going on for so long. You see family breakfasts can improve a lot of things. I noticed from my peripheral vision that mum was glaring at dad from her seat at the head of the table, she didn't want me to have a say in my own life.

I was about to say something when the doorbell rang and that's when dad excused himself and left.

"What do you want to do, Ella?" Joe showed interest in my decision and was there as a guide line whenever I needed him. Mum looked annoyed, well that's nothing different there.

"Well I would love to look into different courses available but I was planning to have a gap year."

"Do utilise your gap year though don't waste it." Joe glanced in Mark's direction who was sitting right in front of him. He trying to imply that I mustn't act irresponsible like Mark during his gap year which was quite a few years ago. Mark huffed and left, he wouldn't argue with Joe, he was in debt to Joe for various favours so he just controlled his tongue. I wish he would do that with me since his sarcasm does hurt sometimes.

"That'll do."

"Hey you guys look who's on TV." Mark called from the adjacent room. As mum was done with breakfast she followed immediately and soon after her Joe and I were about to leave when Steve whispered something in my ears.

"You better be prepared for this. Since you attended the wrong party."

That send a shiver down my spine.

<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

Author's note:

Hey there,

This chapter is dedicated to my friends xxxxxzeroxxxxx who will soon post a story on wattpad. Make sure to check it out.