Chapter 03

Britney’s POV

We just arrived at the Red-Moon pack house here in this small town called Miami Lacks; I am with my twin brother and my best friend and her twin brother. Did I tell you that we are were-wolves and yes we have mates but I have not found mine yet but my brother is mated to my best friend.

I am Brittney Resell and my twin brother is James, my best friend is Mandy Jerome with her twin brother Max. Ironically we are all born on the same day which is today so that makes me a sixteen year old. I am hoping to find my mate at this new school because if I don’t find him this week, I might go nuts.

I am the daughter of the alpha of the knight-wolf pack in Chicago and you must be wondering what are we doing here? Well to answer you, it’s the rogues that attacked our pack three days ago, reducing our pack from three hundred wolves to ten wolves and so we asked refuge from the Red-Moon pack.

“Britt, are you excited about going to the new school? Who knows you might find your mate there” squeals Mandy

“Yea I guess, don’t forget we have to go shop for our new school supplies. I don’t even know why we have to go there at the middle of the week”

“I hear the alpha’s son is super-hot, maybe he will be your mate” says Mandy.

“Not going to happen, because his mate died last year when they were attacked by a group of hunters. Imagine meeting your mate only to have them die two weeks later”

“Hey maybe you will be lucky and be his second chance mate and how do you know so much in such little time” says Mandy as we head down the stairs to the garage.

“I heard some girls speaking when I passed one of the rooms; these rooms are not sound proof. Why are you so keen on me being mated to the soon to be alpha?”

“You know this mall is smaller than the ones we are used too, isn’t it?” says Mandy as we get off the car.

“Mandy Jerome!, don’t you dare try to evade my question, answer me or I swear I will ignore you for the rest of the day”

“Ok sheesh, I overheard your father and the alpha discussing plans for our alliance. And it seems you will mate the soon to be alpha” says Mandy as we enter the mall

(Time skip)

Today is Thursday, my second day at Moon-Lake Academy and so far I have not found my mate. I am supposed to meet the soon to be alpha later today, I also have this feeling that something big will happen.

As Mandy and I are walking along the school hall, I smell the most mouthwatering scent. Mint and lime is what I smell and my wolf, whose name is Sandy wants me to look for her mate. I take ahold of Mandy’s hand and drag her to the nearest girls’ toilet.

“Sheesh girl, what got you in the twist?” shouts Mandy

“I can smell my mate and let me tell you, he smells divine, what should I do?”

"YOU SAY YOU CAN SMELL YOUR MATE" screams Mandy

"Yes and he has such a lovely smell" I reply and softly add that I think he is outside since his scent is strong.

We come out of the toilet and my eyes lock with the greenest eyes I have ever seen, love, happiness and lust is what I feel and I know its shows. I inspect him and what I find is not good and I think fate made a serious mistake with this, I think I am disgusted.

Mandy follows my eyesight and also looks at my mate, I feel some pang of jealousy when she looks at him but I quickly push it away. I cannot afford to lose control of my emotions right now; I know what I have to do. I am going to reject him, even if it hurts a little bit but since even my wolf does not want a human for a mate, it makes taking this decision easy since I don’t have to fight with my wolf. “You have a human for a mate? Damn that sucks” whispers Mandy and I answer with a nod.

I walk up to him with a smile, thinking how fate has screwed me over. “Hey what is your name?” I ask giving him my best smile.

“My name is John Leroy Malloy” he replies and smiles as he gives his name to me as if his smile will change what I am about to do

"Well John Malloy, I Brittney Resell reject you as my mate" and with those words said, I felt the mate bond that was starting to form weakened and I continued, “You are only human and to top it off, you are an ugly fat nerd who is also a loner but me on the other hand, I am beautiful and I have made more friends on my first day here then you can imagine. So I can’t be stuck with a nerd such as yourself for the rest of my life and do not even tell this to anyone

He simply looks at me with the most miserable eyes I have ever seen and he just takes off towards the entrance of the school and I really wanted to follow him and make sure that he is ok.

“If you really feel that you are doing is alright, I know a witch who was my grandmother’s friend and she has a store in this town, we can go right now and permanently remove the mate bond but you will feel some pain but it will be bearable since you haven’t spent time together” Mandy informs me

We agree to skip the first classes so we can pay a visit to this witch.