08. not wanting to let go

nini arrived to set on monday, her script in her hand as she made her way through the different trailers up until she arrived to hers.

she walked inside to see her costume set up and took a deep breath, getting herself ready.

once she was dressed, she heard a knock on her trailer door, making her turn around to see the curly-haired boy walking inside

nini folded her arms with a playful smile "are you allowed to be in here?"

ricky shrugged his shoulders "if i'm not it wasn't going to stop me."

she shook her head with a light laugh before ricky wrapped his arms around her waist, nini wrapping hers around his neck

"you want to do this right?" he asks assuringly, looking into her eyes

nini raised an eyebrow "well, it's a little late now if i don't actually want to isn't it?"

ricky chuckled "i'm serious: you're sure you want to take the role and put a little break on the music side?"

nini took a deep breath and nodded "yeah. i mean, i was struggling during the tour to come up with some new ideas."

ricky shook his head "i'm sure they'll come to you."

"yeah, i think the break is what i needed."

ricky nodded before looking at her for a few seconds hesitantly, causing for nini to stare back at him with her eyebrows knitted together

"what's wrong?"

he shook his head "nothing-never mind-"

"ricky." she said again "what?"

he took a deep breath "i don't want to throw you off for the first day-"

"ricky, just tell me." she pleaded

the boy sighed and looked away from her before speaking "benjamin called me about another-offer. you know?"

nini's grip around ricky's neck weakened for a split second and she cleared her throat "a-another fake girlfriend."

he nodded slowly as he looked back and her and she blinked a few times, putting on a small smile

"yeah-i get it. gotta keep the ricky bowen image up for the fans right?"

"angel-"

"i'm okay." she said, pulling her arms away from him and turning around, causing for ricky to bring his own arms to the side of his body.

the girl sat down on the couch of the trailer, flipping through her script as ricky watched her with a frown

"nini," he said softly, making his way towards her, sitting down.

he took the script out of her hands when seeing her not pay attention to him and she glanced up at her boyfriend.

"i told him i won't do it unless you're completely okay with it. i don't want to do it, but its-"

"part of the contract." she finished, making ricky nod as she sighed "you've had loads of different girls, ricky. i should be okay with the whole thing by now-"

"of course not neens," he said with scoff "you're my girlfriend and i'm forced to be seen in public with someone other than you. it bothers and hurts me and you and we shouldn't be 'okay' with it."

nini looked down at her lap "but we have to be ricky."

he put his hand in hers, intertwining their fingers together as she leaned her head on his shoulder

"i guess i thought deep down that wouldn't be a problem if we were doing the same show too." nini whispered

ricky nodded as he sighed "i know. me too."

"did they say who it was?" she asked him, looking up

he shook his head "he told me she's a musician."

nini knitted her eyebrows together "a musician?"

ricky looked at her "yeah."

nini scoffed as she shook her head "that's just great."

"neens-"

"you're going to have to do it ricky. you know that even if i told you i didn't want you to, you'd have to." she said defeated, standing up from the couch

ricky sighed, running his hands over his face "so, you're telling me to do it?"

nini nodded "it's best for your career."

ricky stood up and walked towards her, sliding his arms around her waist as she did the same

"i wish this whole thing would end." he said "the stupid contract."

nini frowned "me too."

she leaned her head against his chest as he rested his chin on her head.

"when are you two going to have to start?" nini asked

"in two weeks." ricky replied

nini nodded quietly as she tightened her grip around him, ricky pulling her closer.

she was always afraid when knowing ricky's 'reputation' that he showed to the public. to the fans; he wasn't the soft, bubbly and caring guy he was with her and his friends, he was the heartthrob and playboy who was talented and a funny person. and nini knew she had him, but deep down she was always scared of losing him to all the fame and what benjamin made him do to keep his career and image alive.

"you know i'm going to love you forever right? just you." ricky said as they pulled apart and he cupped her face

nini smiled slightly and nodded "i'm going to love you forever too."

he gave her his usual assuring expression that always made her feel better before kissing her forehead and bringing her back into his arms. she didn't want to let go of him yet and he didn't either.