43. let go

"-i don't need this information!" ricky exclaimed in character, sighing in frustration as he leaned against the wall

ej took a deep breath "dude, it's bound to come out! kayla, bella and i are worried about you!"

ricky blinked as he tried to remember his next line, opening his mouth and trying to say it but nothing would come out...

"cut!" the director exclaimed

"shoot-sorry! i'm sorry-"

"it's okay, let's try again." the director said, trying to hide the irritation in his voice at the fact that it'd been the fourteenth time that ricky has been messing up

"a-actually can i just have a break for a few?" ricky asked quietly

the director took a deep breath and nodded "okay, take ten everyone!"

ricky sighed deeply as he made his way off of the locker set and away from the cameras, he leaned against the wall, fiddling with his fingers as the last conversation with nini yesterday clouded his mind.

he couldn't focus. he couldn't do work properly or think right. it was driving him crazy spending this much time away from her. and thinking that he was so close to get her back and be with her. for real this time. but only to have lost her again? that broke his heart.

"hey dude, you okay?"

ricky looked up and saw ej staring at him with a sympathetic frown.

the boy swallowed and nodded "yeah. yeah-i just-have to get this scene right."

"ricky, talk to nini."

"i've tried!" ricky exclaimed suddenly "i've tried to talk to her. but-she's too hurt. and i hurt her. i'm the one that made her feel like this."

"but you're fixing it!"

"yeah. i'm trying to fix it but somehow, i always manage to keep breaking it." ricky replied, going silent for a few seconds before sliding down the wall as he sat on the floor "why is this supposed to be hard?

ej took a deep breath and sat down next to him "this part is supposed to be difficult. you're both hurting. but it'll all be gone once you're back together."

"and what if that doesn't happen?" ricky asks worried "what if she can't find it in her to be with me anymore?"

"ricky, literally no one else in the world seems more in love with each other than you and nini are." ej said with a laugh "i've been friends with both of you my whole life, and you're both like one epic love story. you're meant to end up together."

ricky looked down at his lap in silence as he exhaled "i just-i need to think right now." he muttered as he stood up "i'm going to get some food."

ej nodded "okay..."

the raven-haired boy gave a reassuring smile to his best friend as ricky walked off, ej sighing while staying seated against the wall

he suddenly looked up to the left when sensing someone approach him, his heart rate speeding up when seeing the curly-haired girl there with her script and water bottle in hand

"um...aren't you supposed to be filming?" gina asked in slight confusion

ej opened his mouth and cleared his throat "uh-yeah, but...ricky's not really...focused. i'm trying to take care of him but-"