34. meeting room

ricky sat in the meeting room, fiddling with his fingers as he waited for lily and her manager to walk in so that the meeting he needed to get done can begin

the tension was already high due to jenn being in the room with ricky and benjamin...

"so, what is so important that you called me here so late?" jenn asked shortly

benjamin sighed "we're waiting for lily and zack."

just then the door opened to reveal the very blonde-haired artist walking in with her manager following her as they took a seat - lily sitting next to ricky as she gave him a small smile to which he returned

"alright, what's going on?" zack asked

"well, ricky finds that this public relationship has been going on long enough." benjamin says "he doesn't feel comfortable with somethinh going on too long."

lily looks over at ricky "why didn't you say anything earlier?" she asked quietly

the boy glanced at her before zack's voice caught their attention

"well, with all due respect, i can't let this relationship end without many many agreements that would benefit lily. her career cannot end because of a fake relationship."

"well, ricky's can't either." benjamin says "we don't have to make this relationship end on a bad note."

ricky took a deep breath and leaned back against his seat as jenn looked around the table

"i'm sorry, why does this include me? nini and ricky are no longer together." jenn said confused

"because the other part is that he wants to tell the public about the truth that happened with nini." benjamin explained

jenn shook her head "oh no. no no no. we cannot drag nini into any of this!"

"with all due respect miss jenn, nini's always been a part of this." lily said quietly, zack giving her a look which made the girl fall silent.

"we don't need nini to have any more drama! the rumors are already spiraling with the songs she's released-"

"then why did you let her release the songs if you don't want them to speak their truth?" benjamin asked

jenn looked at ricky "i will not let you ruin her career-"

ricky scoffed, shaking his head "this isn't even about nini anymore is it?" he asked

jenn blinked "i'm sorry?"

ricky shook his head "i'm going to tell my fans and anyone who asked that me and lily broke up. i'm going to tell them that i'm in love with nini-"

"but ricky, let's look at this objectively," zack began "if you do this, you'll come off as a cheater and a liar-"

ricky clenched his jaw "i've always been known as the play-boy."

"okay, then what about lily?" zack asked "she'll come off as the 'other girl' that you threw away!"

"unless we say it was mutual!" ricky exclaimed "lily's my friend, right?" he looked at the blonde girl

the girl nodded "yeah! but-ricky, what about when this is all out in the open? will nini be okay? will you both be able to be together?"

ricky sighs as he ran his hands over his face "i don't-i don't know but i don't care anymore! the entire thing with dani, ej and gina became a little quiet later on, and if we both tell the public we're friends and get along then we can start making it seem like me and nini have a chance because we do!"

"what about the contract?" jenn questioned

"who cares about the contract?!" ricky exclaimed frustrated "i don't, nini doesn't, benjamin doesn't care anymore, the only person who cares is you."

"ricky, take it down a notch," benjamin said quietly

ricky swallowed as he tried to keep himself composed. he knew all too well the reason that jenn didn't like him. it's the main reason that had kept her from letting him snd nini be together publicly these past four years. benjamin, being protective of ricky, knew about the reason too which is why him and jenn never got along.

the boy took a deep breath "i just think two months is already too long for this relationship with lily to keep going."

zack and lily exchanged looks, the blonde girl nodding slowly before the man let out a sigh

"alright, but here's how we are going to do it," zack began "first: lily and ricky both take interviews regarding the relationship and say that it was a mutual breakup. and second: he waits before he tells anyone about the truth with nini."

benjamin nodded "of course."

"i haven't agreed to any of this." jenn snapped

"well, let's start with the breakup and have another meeting regarding ricky and nini later when she is present." benjamin said with an innocent grin

the blonde woman rolled her eyes as she stood up "if that concludes the meeting, i think i'll be on my way."

"us too," zack said, standing up along with lily "thank you for the meeting ricky and benjamin,"

"thanks zack," ricky said with a small smile "really, i appreciate it."

the man gave one more smile before walking out, lily gesturing that she would be there in a second as jenn left the room

"you okay?" lily asked

ricky nodded "yeah...i just need this all to be over, you know?"

lily nodded "how's nini?"

ricky shrugged his shoulders "i hate seeing her like this, you know? i have to do something."

lily nodded as she took a deep breath "yeah, well...um, it's been fun ricky."

he chuckled as he nodded "we can still be friends."

lily smiled "i'd like that."

she leaned in to hug him, the boy reciprocating the gesture before they pulled away and she waved goodbye at him, leaving the room.

"you're sure about this?" benjamin asked

ricky nodded slowly "i just have to confront jenn don't i?"

benjamin nodded slowly "i'm afraid so..."