Chapter 48

AJ: Revati, tumhari behen kahaan hai? I mean Miss Kapoor.... itni raat ho gayi hai aur wo abhi tak aayi nahi hai.

He asked her as he was somewhere concerned for her but the other important reason was that he had some important work to do which he can't in anyone's presence around him.

Revati: Di ne bataya tha na ki aaj unka last day hai to shooting wrap up hone ke baad kuchh celebrations ho rahi hai isiliye unhe aane me late ho jaayega.

AJ: Oh, Ok. Tum jaa kar so jaao mai bhi apne room me ja raha hun.

Revati: Ok, good night.

After making sure that she has left to her room, he slowly made his way upstairs not to his room but Guddan's room, the room they shared together years ago. Assuming that she would be late and he would leave this room before her arrival or that she won't take this staircase for her room because her room and this room are located at either ends of the corridor, he decided to go to that room. He unlocked it and entered inside as a sense of euphoria hit him as her presence always does.

He stood at the entrance of the room and was just looking at her pictures which were hanging all along the walls. He didn't noticed when the main door of the house opened and AK entered in. She was carefully walking not to trip on anything or make any sound awaking the members of the house as it was late midnight. She stood rooted at her place when she saw AJ standing infront of their room. She always found it closed since the time she came here thinking that he has eradicated not only her but his emotions, feelings for her and even her memories by distancing everything which reminded him of her presence. But she has been proved wrong when today it was open, opened by none other than himself.

He entered inside and she immediately ran upstairs to know what he was doing in that room. Fortunately, the room wasn't locked from inside, so she slightly opened the door and much to her luck it didn't even made a creaking sound. Her mouth was left agape seeing the room which she left years ago. It wasn't the same as before, everything has been changed and every single thing screamed her presence even in her absence. She looked at the walls which didn't have a little space leftover as it was fully covered with her pictures, her single pictures, her pictures with him. The bed was adorned with a beautiful colourful bedsheet and few of her favorite things were sprawled over it. She slightly moved to look at him who opened the cupboard. It was filled with all her dresses she had back then. Every single thing was untouched and not moved from its place. He took out something from the cupboard and sat on the floor leaning his back against the wall just next to the door.

"Kya soch rahi ho tum? Yahi ki mai itne dinon se tumhare paas nahi aa raha tha. Tumhare Jindal Sahab ke paas tumhare liye thoda sa bhi waqt nahi hai. Aisa bilkul bhi nahi hai Guddan. Tumhe pata hai pehle Arya apni baaton se, apni harkaton se mujhe tumhari yaad dilate rehti thi lekin ab.... tumhe pata hai wo ladki..... wo bilkul tumhari tarah hai. Jab bhi use dekhta hun tumhari yaad aati hai mujhe. Lekin mai jaanta hun wo tum nahi ho, wo tum ho hi nahi sakti, wo tumse bohot alag hai lekin phir bhi tum donon mere dil ko ek jaise hi lagte ho. Mai kitni baar ise samjhana ki koshish karta hun ki meri Guddan uske jaise nahi ho sakti, wo apne Jindal Sahab se itni naaraz to nahi ho sakti ki wo ye sab kare lekin mera ye dil hai ki maanne ko taiyar hi nahi hai. Lekin uski baaton se unki harkaton se, yehi lagta hai ki wo tum hi ho, sab same lagta hai lekin phir bhi sab alag lagta hai."

She peeked through the glass pane of the door which made her realise that he was speaking to one of her photos.

"Confuse ho gayi na tum bhi? Wo ladki bhi mujhe aise hi confuse kar deti hai. Aisa lagta hai wo apne andar koi gehra raaz chhupa kar baithi hai. Matlab kuchh to hai usme, jo tumhare jaisa bhi hai aur tum se alag bhi. Tumhe pata hai na jab bhi Arya naaraz hoti thi to mai use tumhare koi tips and tricks use karke manata tha lekin pata nahi wo kya karti hai ki chutkiyon me Arya ko mana leti hai. Aur Arya.... wo na kya bolte hai use, yes, chhota packet bada dhamaka hai. Matlab hai itti si aur dimaag to itna chalta hai ki wo bade badon ko fail kar de, apni Dadi ko bhi, matlab tumhe."