Chapter 57

FLASHBACK,

ON THE DAY OF AHAAN, AHAANA & ARYA'S BIRTHDAY

As AK reached the temple to conduct the puja for Aadarsh and Sunidhi she was shocked to find Mr and Mrs Rajput. The persons whom she never thought of meeting again in her whole life. The persons who thought her to be dead till date.

She was contemplating whether to move inside or leave from there without facing them and then deciding on the latter, as she was about to leave, she heard them calling her.

Turning slowly towards them, fearing their reaction she stood still to face whatever that would come her way, only if she knew that what was about to come would break her to no extent.

Mrs Rajput greeted her with a tight slap which made AK stumble on her feet. The vicious rage clearly depicted in her eyes.

Mrs. Rajput: To mai galat nahi thi? Tum sach me zinda ho.

Before she could respond to her, the priest intervened their conversation.

Pandit: Achha hua aap aa gayi. Ye log bhi yahaan inki hi barsi ki puja karane aaye hai, to kya aap sab saath me puja kar lenge?

Mrs. Rajput: Hargiz nahi!!! Is ladki ke saath to ye puja nahi hogi.

Pandit: Lekin jab aap donon ko ek hi jode ki barsi ki puja karani hai to alag alag kyun?

Mrs. Rajput: Kyunki jisne mere Bete aur Bahu ko maar diya hai mai uske saath puja nahi karungi.

Guddan closed her eyes heaving a dejected sigh not before looking at the idol infront of her eyes.

How many more deaths will she be blamed for? She was blamed for her mother's death at a tender age. Then for her husband's ex brother's-in-law (Vikram) death. Then her husband's brother's death. Then the death of her husband's ex-wife's which she faked. Then the death of her husband's friend (Vikrant). Then the death of her husband's falsely claimed daughter. Then the death of her unborn child. And now her cousin who was no less than a mother to her and her brother-in-law whom she could undoubtedly claim as God figure for her. And not to forget the death of the innumerable relations she ever had.

She opened her eyes not having the courage to break down anymore. She wasn't left with anything to break down again, she already had the last stroke. But what was about to come proved her wrong.

AK: Aap ko mere saath puja nahi karni? Koi baat nahi! Mai chali jaati hun yahaan se. Aap log puja kar lijiye.

She was about to leave but the next words of Mrs. Rajput stopped her in her tracks.

Mrs. Rajput: Sirf is mandir se nahi, hamari zindagi se bhi chali jao, abhi ke liye nahi, hamesha hamesha ke liye lekin hamare pote ko hamare paas chhod kar.

How did they know about Ahaan?

It was the only thougt that crossed her mind. It wasn't difficult to guess. She was a popular face. When they might have known about her being alive, they would have done a whole research about her which lead them to know about their grandson, Ahaan who surprisingly, for them was still alive along with her.

AK: Ah... Ahaan?

Mrs. Rajput: Haan to tumhe kya laga hame pata nahi chalega ki tumne hamare pote ko itne arse hamse alag rakha, door rakha. Alag rakhna to door ki baat hai, hame to ye tak nahi bataya ki wo zinda bhi hai.

AK: Aap galat samajh rahe hai. Ahaan....

Mrs. Rajput: Jhoot bolne ki koshish bhi mat karna. Tumne jo kiya so kiya, ab hame usse koi matlab nahi lekin ab hame hamara pota chahiye.