Chapter 54

Revati and Shrestha were having their girls time in the living room of the Jindal Bhavan that they have missed from so long in the past few years. They were laughing their heart out but their laughter died in their throat when they witnessed the two persons standing at the door of the living room. They shared a look to each other and then stood up slowly walking to them.

"Kahaan hai tumhari behan?", the old lady asked with her daunting voice making them gulp in nervousness.

Shrestha: Aap to jaante hi hai meri behan ke baare me phir kyun pooch rahe hai.

"Zyaada hoshiyari mat dikhao samjhi! Tum donon achhe se samajh rahi ho ki mai kiske baare me pooch rahi hun", she warned, burning them with her intimidating gaze.

Shrestha: Kya yaar Aunty ji aap to.......

"Chup!!! In sab ka time nahi hai mere paas. Apni behen ko bulao warna jo anjaam hoga uski zimmedari meri nahi!" She ended it with a final warning in her tone.

Revati immediately nodded her head and dialled AK's number who as usual didn't remember anything in Ahaana's presence as she went to meet her immediately after waking up from sleep.

Revati: Call unreachable bata raha hai.

She timidly spoke fearing her next reaction. The lady was about to burst out in anger but the other person who was her husband tried to calm her down.

"Ahaan kahaan hai?", she asked making their eyes widened and they shared a look at each other wondering how she knew about him.

"Tum logon ko kya laga ki mujhe kuchh pata nahi chalega. Sab pata hai mujhe, ab bas tumhare behen ke aane ki der hai. Kahin aisa to nahi ki dar kar pehle hi bhaag gayi, aadat jo hai uski, hamesha bhaag jaane ki", she taunted knowing her very well.

Shrestha: Dekhiye aap....

She was about to give her a befitting reply but was stopped by Revati who didn't want to make things anymore worse for her sister.

The other family members who were gathered in the living room listening to the loud voices of the lady were having a puzzled look on their faces not knowing anything about the uninvited guests they were having. Curiosly, Durga asked about them.

Durga: Koun hai ye donon?

Shrestha: Meri Di ke Saas Sasur hai.

She replied making everyone think that they were in the in-laws of AK only if they knew that her words were directed for her own sister and not AK.

Just then their gaze shift towards the door from where AK entered breathlessly as she hurried to reach here but was still late.

"Phone kahaan hai tumhara?", the lady asked AK as soon as she entered inside.

Not wanting to fuel her anger she handed out her phone which broke into pieces the next moment as it was crashed on the floor by the lady.

Saru: Ye kya kiya aapne?

She exclaimed sadly at the loss of such an expensive phone that deserved a better fate than to be crashed mercilessly.

"Jab ye tumhara koi kaam ka hi nahi to ise apne paas kyun rakhti ho?", she yelled at her taking out the anger when she wasn't receiving any of the calls.

Everyone looked at AK who was just silently listening to her without uttering a single word. The girl who seem to be  never at loss of words was silent as if she didn't even know how to speak, just made everyone wonder.

Ahaan entered along with Arya breaking the eerie silence covered there. Ahaan excitedly jumped on his mother exclaiming his happiness on how well he attempted his exam just because she prepared him for it. She stopped him in between his talks and asked him to freshen up when his gaze fell on the two other persons present there.