Chapter 27

~10.06.2020

As AJ and Guddan were walking across the road to reach the car, the bartender stopped them.

Man: Ayy, kahan chali tum? Poora maal utha kar le gayi aur bina paise diye kahaan ja rahi ho.

She hides behind AJ and clings to his shirt as she was afraid of his loud voice.

AJ: Dekhiye aap is tarah baat nahi kar sakte aur rahi baat paison ki to wo mai de dunga. Aap bas...

Man: Ha, sab aise hi sharaab ke maze lekar chale jate hai. Paise dene ki aukaat to hoti nahi hai kisi me. Ab jab tak mujhe mere paise nahi mil jate ye ladki yahaan se nahi jayegi.

He holds her wrist and was about to drag with him when AJ holds his hand and stops him. He looks at him with anger filled eyes.

AJ: Kaha na ki paise mil jayenge. Aap ka aadha maal wahin pada hua hai waapas le jaiye. Aur rahi baat paison ki, to wo jo restaurant dikh raha hai(pointing towards his restaurant) wo mera hai. Aap kabhi kisi ko bill ke saath bhej dijiyega, mai poori payment kar dunga. Ab aap jaiye.

Man: Thik hai abhi ke liye ja raha hun. Lekin agar mujhe mere paise waapas nahi mile tab mai sab ko dekh lunga.

He leaves. AJ holds her hand to make her come forward but she holds her shirt more tightly and refuses him by shaking her head.

AJ: Wo chala gaya, ab to aa jao.

She looks at him and then all around and then comes infront of him.

AK: Thankyou!

AJ: It's Ok. Ab chalo.

They were about to get inside the car when she feels water drops on her face and hands and then all of a sudden rain starts.

AJ: Ye baarish ko bhi abhi hona tha. Andar chalo jaldi.

He gets inside the car but she was standing still in the rain feeling each and every drop of water cooling her skin and mind. The cool breeze along with the smell of moist soil soothed her mind. The sound made by the contact of rain water with the ground was like a music which soothed her ears. She just closed her eyes and was feeling the blessing of her life. It felt like it was reviving her life which has become a dry land. He gets out of the car to get her inside.

AJ: Chalo andar, baarish me kyun bheeg rahi ho?

AK: Nahi, hame baarish me bheegna hai.

AJ: Zid mat karo aur andar chalo. Aadhi raat me baarish me bheeg rahi ho tum.

AK: Ha to usme kya hua, waise bhi hamne aaj nahaya nahi tha, subah se set par hi the. Aap ko agar enjoy nahi karna to andar ja kar baith jaiye. Ham to baarish me bheegenge hi.

AJ: Tumhara driver nahi hun mai. Ghar chalna hai to aakar andar baitho warna mai ja raha hun. Khud aa jana.

AK: Arey Nahi rukiye....Aap to gussa hi ho gaye. Please, thodi der rukte hai na. Please, bas thodi der.

AJ: No.

AK: Please...please....pleeeeasee.....

She requests him with pleading eyes. He couldn't help but was melting for her and agreed.

AJ: Thodi der nahi exact time bolo.

AK: 30 minutes.

AJ: Dimaag kharab hai tumhara. 30 minutes thodi der hota hai. Sirf 5 minutes.

AK: No. Ok 20 minutes pleaseeeee....

AJ: No.

AK: Pleeeeeaseeeee.....