2. Gaelen

"Gal, hurry up, we're leaving!" My mom, Sherly yelled from the bottom of the steps. 

"Coming!" I said back as I took one last look at my childhood bedroom, taking it in before I never saw it again. 

My dad got a job and we are moving to New Orleans, as he is going to be the head manager for the building that was built recently and the boss, Matty who is cool as hell asked my father, my awesome father to take the position to oversee things and handle business in New Orleans and of course he said yes.

It's an amazing opportunity for him and for us. Growing up in California has been amazing but going down south seemed exciting, for the most part. I have a couple of best friends I'm going to miss like crazy and my girlfriend who is the sweetest girl you would ever meet. We may have started off faking it for my family's sake as well as my own but it turned into something real along the way and I fell in love with her. 

Now I thought I was gay because I only thought men were what I was attracted to but I am actually bi, which is a real thing and a lot of people think it isn't. Kaylee helped me through a lot and thankfully we broke up on good terms because I would hate to lose her as a friend. 

I grabbed my backpack and shut my door behind me when I walked into the hall. I ran down the stairs and my mom smiled a motherly smile and I kissed her cheek and we walked into the kitchen to see my dad, Patrick pouring drinks into our to go cups. He smiled at us and handed us our cups.

"Are you ready for this kiddo?" He asked as he ruffled my hair.

"As ready as I will ever be. I'm excited about moving dad but I'm gonna miss this place. It's been home since forever." I said and he sighed softly and grabbed my hand.

"I know son, we're going to miss it as well. We will visit our friends and you can come in the summer to visit your friends if you want to. This isn't a permanent goodbye, you will see them again." He said and mom agreed with him.

"I know dad, well let's get going or we'll miss our plane." With that we left the house, the town, and finally after check in, the state.

"The house is in town so you won't have to drive everywhere which will give you a chance to explore the area and plus, the culture is amazing." Mom said as we drove to our new house. 

"That'll be a nice change from the big busy city. Where is the school?" I asked as I looked out of the window as we slowly drove past everything. 

"A few blocks away so you obviously can drive if you don't feel like walking but a lot of the kids walk together most days." Dad said and I hummed.

"Ok cool, I think I'm gonna like it here." I said as I saw a group of kids my age outside of what looked like a café that was busy.

"That place looks promising. Let's get home and get settled and we'll take a walk to that café for dinner." Mom said so we agreed and arrived at the house a few minutes later. 

When dad stopped we got out and I helped grab some bags and mom unlocked the door and put a key in my pocket as I passed her. 

I put the bags down in the living room and sat on the couch. They had our furniture moved by the company apparently so it was set up for us before we arrived. 

"Where's my room?" I asked and mom opened the door to the basement. 

"Down there. We thought you could have your own space since you are now a junior and would want some more privacy. Now that does not mean to have a party whenever you feel like it or have girls down there. You know you have a lot of freedom but still the same rules apply young man." Dad said and I hugged them tightly while thanking them over and over again.