13. Gaelen

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I looked to my left to see Sean glaring at me and the booth was quiet as well as the people around us at other tables and booths. I imagine they all heard Ryker and watched as he left.

"Don't waste your breath Sean, he isn't worth it." Jamie said as he grabbed his stuff and got up.

"Where are you going?" I asked because I knew he was going to run after Ryker like a love sick puppy.

"To check on my friend, you know, your mate." He said with such venom in his voice that I flinched and felt a pain in my heart at the sound of his voice and the look he's giving me.

"Wait, Ryker is your mate?" I heard a soft voice and groaned looking behind me to see Faith standing there with a gorgeous girl by her side.

"No, he isn't." I denied it and they all gave disapproving looks toward me and I felt my own heart breaking at the denial.

"If he isn't your mate as you claim, reject him so he can move on and be happy with someone he deserves because right now, that isn't you. If I had known he was your mate I never would have agreed to go out with you, kiss you, let alone do anything else we had done in private. Ryker is a dear friend of mine Gaelen and now that I know it's you who has done nothing but bad mouth him, we are through. I can't be with someone else's mate and even if you weren't his mate, how you treat him is wrong and I won't associate myself with someone who hurts those around him with no reason whatsoever. Ryker may be a lot of things that aren't what others think is the way one is supposed to be but I'll tell you that he is the best friend any of us could ever ask for. He is selfless, he is kind, he is trustworthy, and he is always there when someone needs him. I don't know what he did to you personally to make you have such strong negative feelings toward him but whatever it was, I hope you know what you're doing because you lose him, you will never be truly happy as he will make you with anyone else." Faith was calm, too calm as she told me off and the girl next to her looked sad as she locked eyes with me and I looked down, feeling ashamed for some reason.

"Who is this?" I heard Waylon ask and the girl giggled and it was a beautiful sound.

"It's me, Maya." She said and everyone including myself gasped because she looks completely different.

"Wow Maya you look incredible. What did you do?" Sean asked as he took in her soft features and I smiled, happy she's herself.

"Faith helped me with her magic. Do I really look ok?" Maya shyly asked and Sean nodded.

"If I wasn't mated and gay, I would definitely ask you out. You are beautiful Maya." Sean said with awe in his voice and Maya blushed, the red color on her tan cheeks makes her eyes pop out even more.

"Thank you Sean. I was hoping to show Ryker but I guess we arrived too late. I'll have to go to his house to show him. Papa has been working a lot lately, trying to get Ryker to speak to him but he won't. I even tried talking to him about papa but things aren't going well so I hadn't had time to show Ryker yet." Maya sounded disappointed and she bit her red lipstick lip and I had to look away. She is affecting me more so than Faith did and that's saying a lot because Faith is almost perfect.

"After everything we learned, it'll take a long time before the two of them can at least be in the same room without Ryker wanting to be away from Altan." Waylon voiced his thoughts and everyone agreed.

"Ok so what exactly did Altan do that was so bad?" I finally asked because apparently I'm wrong to think how I am so I need to know.

"It's a long story. It all started when Brent attacked the pack Altan is from, my papa. Kody, who is papa's best friend, was hurt badly and Brent was put in the cells the whole time Kody was in a coma. Papa was going to reject Brent but things changed and they were finally the mate's they were supposed to be. Papa loved Brent more than anything, but the pack, especially Kody and his mate's besides Chase, who is Brent's brother, treated Brent like he was not even a human being. Brent went through a lot and over time wanted to leave so he had someone break their bond. He left and came here. Brent met a woman, got married, had Zane and things for them were going well. One day Kenzie got sick and over time she got worse, papa helped but it wasn't enough so eventually she died. Over the years before she died, papa wasn't there much for Ryker and he even spent less time at the pack because he got treated badly by Gary and Joseph, myself and Martin included. It was so bad our parents made Ryker eat in his room with nothing but his hands. He was beaten and punished just because he was Brent's son, by Gary and Joseph. Altan never knew the truth, even when Ryker would tell him what we all did to him, he wouldn't believe Ryker. When Ryker was ten I believe he heard papa telling us that he will never believe Ryker and that he only has to love him because he's also his son but he loved us more. We were told to treat Ryker like he wasn't our brother, that he was just as bad as Brent. We were kids, we didn't know any better because all our lives we heard nothing but bad things about them both so as we grew up, we didn't stop and papa, he to this day doesn't forgive himself for something he didn't do. When Kenzie passed, Brent begged him to come to her funeral and do some kind of spiritual ceremony for her soul and he didn't come. It was the last straw for Ryker. He wanted nothing to do with papa after that. There's a lot that has happened to him when he was at the pack that I don't even want to talk about because it's heartbreaking and depressing and I feel horrible for being part of it. There is so much you don't know Gaelen and I pray you never do know. Brent and Ryker are nothing like we were led to believe and I will always regret ever hurting him. He's a shifter, he could have easily killed us but he didn't even lay a hand on us because we are human. I hope one day I will be able to earn his forgiveness, truly earn it and be the sister I should have been all along to him instead of a horrible bitch who blindly followed her parents word." Maya had tears running down her cheeks and everyone was quiet as they absorbed her words. I myself didn't know what to think except that I'm at a loss on how to feel.

"I gotta go." I grabbed my stuff and left the café. I couldn't be in there anymore, not after hearing what Maya said.

I walked into the park, in my own thoughts and I didn't hear anything until I heard a couple of familiar voices so I slowed down and stayed hidden from them.

"It hurts so much Jameson, being here around Gaelen hurts so much. Leo hasnt talked to me in days, I hardly feel him and I'm so scared he's going to hide forever. What did I ever do to my own mate for him to be this way with me? After all my daddy went through with Altan, now me. Daddy wished so many times my mate would accept me and be there as a mate but he for some unknown reason hates my guts. I wish he would just reject me, that way I wouldn't hurt so bad. At least than I'd be able to have a second chance mate, if I ever meet them but the hope of finding them would help. Having a mate who hates you is torture. I see him and all I want is to hold him in my arms forever and have a family with him, to love him, to grow old with him. We don't even have to have sex if that's his fear, just once to complete the mating and I mark him but that's it and I'll be ok with that since I'm not into sex much anyways." I knew he was talking quietly but I heard every word loud and clear. I need to make things right for him, even if I reject him so he can move on and be happy. I'm not the one for him, I know I'm not.

"Um you're a teenager, how can you not be into sex?" Jamie asked and Ryker chuckled.

"I'm intersex Jameson, I'm also asexual. Yes I'm attracted to Gaelen but the desire to fuck his brains out isn't there like it should be since he's my mate. I have always been like this though, no one really has caught my attention to fuck them senseless so I asked daddy and he explained it to me. I mean I'm different anyways so why not have a sexuality that's different also? I'm happy with who I am, I'm comfortable with who I am and that's all that matters."

"And back to what you said, yes I know what Gaelen has said and how he's acting is not right. I wish there was something I could say or do to help you but I don't know what that is." Jamie sighed and Ryker sniffled.

"The only one who make this go away is Gaelen." I closed my eyes and took a slow deep breath. If I'm going to do this, I need to do it now since Ryker has someone to help him. I walked out from behind the tree and Ryker is the first to see me and he let's the tears fall from his eyes when he takes what is about to happen by how I look I'm sure.

"Just get it over with." He whispered when I couldn't seem to find my voice for a few minutes. Jamie right next to Ryker and me looking away from how hurt Ryker looks standing in front of me. I swallowed a gulp of air before looking him in his eyes and I could see endless amounts of pain. Pain from everything he has been though and for what I'm about to do and I felt like an ass for hurting him but I have to.

"I Gaelen Stokes reject you Ryker Walker as my mate." I whispered, throat tight and tears bluring my vision as I watch him grip his chest and struggle to breathe. Jamie is holding him up, trying to get him to focus so he can breath right before he passes out.

"I...I Ryker Walker accept your rejection Gaelen Stokes." He said and Jamie helped him walk away, leaving me watching their retreating backs as I cried silently, hoping I made the right decision.