25. Gaelen

"Do you think Ryker will be mad that we just showed up unannounced?" I asked Dallas as we stood in front of the ranch house, for the third time since we've been together and with Ryker. I still can't believe Ryker owns this home, it's not like anything I have ever lived in and I'm afraid to make a mess and ruin its beauty at times.

"He's our mate sweetheart, he'll be happy to see us. Now come on, let's freshen up and go to the hospital to surprise him." Dallas said with his dashing smile towards me so I nodded and we grabbed our bags and Dallas unlocked the door and we went inside. Ryker gave us each a key the last time we were here.

We went inside and took a look around and I noticed now that Ryker has photos of us up on the wall in the living room, in the hallway and going up the stairs to the second floor. It made me smile that he's comfortable enough with me after all I've done to display our love like he did. I know he said he forgave me but years of him being in pain just doesn't go away and I promised myself I'd make it up to him and I will, somehow.

We made it to Rykers bedroom which I suppose is ours as well and put our bags down. I got a fresh pair of jeans, briefs, a white tight t-shirt with a blue jacket to wear with it and went to take a quick shower with Dallas joining me but we didn't do anything sexual, we want to see Ryker and if we had sex, it won't be for another few hours before we leave so we showered but had a few kisses and touches before we finished up and got out, got dressed, sprayed cologne on and left the house.

We drove the half hour to the hospital and it was a nice drive, not much traffic and the scenery was beautiful. Dallas stopped and parked in visitor parking and we got out and went into the main part of the hospital to find where Ryker would be.

"Excuse me sir? We're looking for Dr. Ryker Walker, do you know where we could find him?" I asked and the man typed in his computer for a moment before looking back up at me.

"He's in surgery in OR 4, the OR rooms are on the third floor. Take the elevator up and when you get off go right and take the first left you come across and you will see a nurses station." He said and I smiled and thanked him before we went to the elevator and went to the third floor and walked down the hall to where we were told to go and as we passed some rooms, I got more excited to see my mate.

We found the nurses station and so we went up to it and waited until one came back, it seems it's a busy day for surgery today. I wonder how many Ryker does a day and if he leads any of them himself yet.

"Hi may I help you gentlemen?" A young male nurse asked when he saw us as he was walking up to us.

"Hi, we're looking for Dr. Ryker Walker, we were told he's up here and wanted to know how much longer he'll be in surgery?" Dallas said and so the nurse looked at the IPAD in his hands and typed something before looking back at us.

"He should be finished soon, it seems the surgery is almost done before closing so he should be out in a few minutes or so. You gentlemen can have a seat and I'll let him know he has some visitors." The man said, so we thanked him and went to sit down in the waiting room, with a lot of other people who were waiting and I wonder which ones are waiting on the patient Ryker was working on.

"He probably will have to talk to someone here waiting so when he comes out, we wait until he's done before we talk to him. He is at work so we gotta be patient." Dallas the voice of reason said and I chuckled and nodded my head.

"I know that, I'm not a hormonal teenager who wants to get laid at the sight of him." I whispered and he laughed quietly at me.

"But aren't you though?" He teased and I kissed his cheek and he held my hand and I laid my head on his broad shoulder and we waited for Ryker to come out.

About a half an hour later Ryker walks out in his scrubs and gosh if he didn't look sexy, muscles bulging out of his short sleeves, his legs looked so long and strong in those navy blue scrub pants and he had on a hair cover thing that just brought out his eyes but he didn't look happy, he looked upset and he looked around the room for someone and when he spotted them he walked over to them and knelt down in front of the woman and took her hands in his and closed his eyes and sighed.

"Mrs. Clarke, I'm so sorry but your son he um he suffered from cardiac arrest. The surgery was too much for his heart to handle and he died. I'm so sorry." Ryker spoke the words but I don't think the woman heard him because she started sobbing loudly and so Ryker hugged her for a few minutes and I felt my eyes get misty and I heard Dallas sniffling.

"He has the hardest job anyone could ever ask for. I don't know how he does this everyday." Dallas said softly as we watched Ryker trying to comfort that poor woman.

"He's a rockstar." I said and Ryker looked up and he finally saw us and seemed surprised to see us but the smile he gave was sweet so at least he seemed ok with us just showing up like we did.

"Hi. I'm so happy to see you both, I've missed you so much." Ryker said when he came over to us and we stood up to hug our mate and he held us both in his big strong arms and inhaled deeply and I felt his body relax.

"We missed you too." I said and he let us go and cleared his throat and wiped his eyes.

"I'm in the middle of my shift and I have to go fill out paperwork on this surgery I just did. It didn't go well at all and I need to get it on paper before I forget any details but tonight let's have dinner. I get off at seven so meet back here and we'll go out?"

"Or we can cook and you have a relaxing night at home with us? You need it after what happened." Dallas offered and Ryker smiled and nodded.

"Ok I like that idea better. I gotta go but I'll see you two later on. It really is wonderful to see you." He kissed us, it wasn't a hot heated kiss, it was soft and tender before he went back to work.

"Come on, let's go to the store and buy stuff to make dinner, maybe a nice romantic dinner to help him relax and finally tell him we're ready to be mated and marked since we are now out of school." Dallas grabbed my hand so we walked down the hall, got into the elevator and when the doors opened on the main floor, we left the hospital.

Tonight's dinner and hopefully the events that follow will be amazing. I can't wait to finally be completely mated to Ryker.