8 Gaelen

Why is it so hard to get him out of my head? Is something wrong with me? Have I gone mad at the shire sight of him? God, I sound like a fucking stalker. Yet, I want nothing to do with him.

Not the way he is now. People always tell me that this is what true love does, it forms when it's meant to but never before it's time. My question is if it's him, shouldn't I feel some sort of attraction to him?

Why does the thought of being with him make me want to protect him with my life but yet punch a hole in a wall? The sheer sight of him makes me want to jump at him. Yet, anytime he opens his mouth, I want to knock his head off. Ugh, this is so much more complicated than it is in the movies.

"Ok, time to get up. You've been moping for too long. It's not the end of the world." Jamie said, yanking my sheets off of me.

"You can't put a limit on moping Jamie, I made a complete fool of myself. I know I don't like the guy and I probably made it more than obvious by not talking to him. Why is it so hard to talk to him?" I groaned and he gave me a breakfast tray.

"Who can blame you? I know he triggered your memories of back then. I saw the look in your eyes and you were playing with the sand." He smiled sadly and hugged me.

"Maybe you were right, maybe I should get to know him more or at least his friends first. Baby steps, you know?" I chuckled, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Getting to know the people who know the real him is a good way to start. You're not the best at that. You're as stubborn as steel." He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Rumor has it any way that Mr. Walker called out Ryker for the rest of the week for personal reasons so you have enough time to do what you need to in order to talk to him." He shrugged and I groaned.

Personal matters? School just started back up and he's taking time away from school? Won't that be bad for his grades? He's the smartest kid in school supposedly. Taking a break from school so early in the semester is not a good decision.

I don't know how long I was sitting there in bed just staring off into space but my food had gotten cold and my parents had left for work only leaving Jamie and I in the house.

I had completely zoned out so I got out of bed and went to shower as I usually did then took my tray down to the kitchen.

"Your mom and dad said we can invite Sean and Waylon over since it's staff training and school is closed." He wiggled his eyebrows and I sighed.

"I have a feeling you're doing this to me intentionally like you want me to like him." I groaned.

"How did you know Ryker was going to be out of school anyway?" I asked him now that we were on the subject.

"I talked to him and he said he'd be gone for about a week for personal reasons. I didn't wanna push the subject so that's all I got from him. He looked pretty upset from what I could tell. I didn't want to piss him off by prying. Let him do what he needs to and hopefully, it'll all be ok." He assured me and I nodded slowly.

Does Jamie like Ryker or something? They seem so close for only knowing each other for a week and a half. Not that I'm complaining, they'd look adorable together.

"Do you like Ryker?" I asked him as he sat next to me on the living room couch.

"I mean, he's cute and I can tell there's more to him than everyone wants to believe. He's much like you with sharper edges. After everything he's been through, who wouldn't be? I'm not sure if I like him in that way but whatever happens then so be it." He shrugs but he was most definitely blushing.