12. Ryker

I thought long and hard about staying away from my mate and my home town and yes it would be a hell of a lot easier to do so but I promised my sister that I would be there for her. What kind of big brother would I be if I broke my promise to her? That isn't who I am, who I was raised to be so when I told daddy, he saw my point and Jaylen gave me meds to help with the pain when it becomes too much. Over the years he and Skylar worked on stuff to help with pain of what we go through if our mate's fuck someone else or reject us so things like what happened in the past don't happen again in terms of almost dying or going into comas. So with that to help me and my family to support me, I went home. 

Things were going good, Waylon and Sean came over as soon as I got home and we hung out all night, eating pizza, playing video games, and talking. It was nice. I had missed them a lot. Zane even popped in for a little while during a break from studying but he had to go back to get sleep but promised he would be back over the weekend. I miss my little brother so I have to plan a day out for us, just us two to do stuff together. Speaking of siblings, I wonder what Maya and Martin will think about me being back considering they think I'm in Oregon at the moment. 

Oregon was nice actually. I got to spend time with my family which is something I hardly did and even hung out with Mikael again. I really like the guy and am happy he's becoming a better man and things with his mate's seem to be ok for the most part but that's not my story to tell. 

"Are you ready for school tomorrow?" Daddy asked as he walked in my room carrying a basket of laundry so I got off my bed and grabbed it since it's my clothes.

"Yes, having Sean and Waylon here helped and the meds so yes, I'm ready. I just hope Gaelen doesn't make a scene when he sees me." I sighed and daddy put his hand on my shoulder. 

"If he does, just walk away. There is no point in yelling at him or anything like that because that will only make him happy to see you so worked up." 

"I won't cross paths with him, I have all AP classes and a different lunch than him and he's a grade lower than me so there is no way I'd see him much if at all. The school is pretty big so I think it'll be fine and if not, I have my friends to help so don't worry too much alright? I got this." It's hard to convince him when I myself have doubts but I can't let Gaelen dictate my life and make me stay home in my room all day every day. 

"If you are sure, ok I won't push it. Would you like some cocoa? I put milk on a few minutes ago and it should be ready. We could have a cup and a brownie? It’s a new recipe I tried to see if it’s good enough to put on the menu at the cafe.” 

“I would love some.” I smiled and he chuckled. I love cocoa so anytime he makes it, I’m up for a cup or three. 

“I hope you like it. Since it’s starting to feel like fall, I tried a few different flavors for the season and I came up with this.” He handed me a cup after he put the mix in, I’m guessing it’s already mixed so I took a sip and almost moaned at the sweet delicious taste of the vanilla with a hint of cinnamon with the chocolate.

“Now take a bite of the brownie.” He sat a plate with a light brown color brownie in front of me that had nut shavings on top with a thin layer of icing or something like it. I picked it up and took a deep breath to take in the scent of maple and took a bite. It melted in my mouth and it was so soft, gooey, and warm.

“Oh gosh this is amazing!” I groaned with my taste buds exploding with the amazing taste with the brownie and cocoa on my tongue.

“Ok calm down son, don’t need you popping a boner now.” He teased me and I rolled my eyes playfully and he chuckled.

“You should totally put this on the menu like tomorrow daddy, it is really amazing. Sell it as a combo, no other drink or treat should go with either.”