32. Ryker

Trying to find the strength to get up anymore seems incredibly difficult. Ever since we left the cemetery, I haven't been able to do much at all. I haven't gone to work, I haven't left the house and I am always crying. The tears never seem to stop, even in my sleep. Sleep though is something I do a lot of because I see my family in my dreams and it doesn't hurt. I don't feel like I'm alone in the world when I'm sleeping. 

Everyone who was here besides Altan had left a few days ago. They all have their own lives which I understand completely. I didn't expect them all to drop everything to be here with me for the rest of my life. My amazing siblings and friends have helped a lot even if they don't truly realize it. Once I'm a bit better I'll do something for them to show them I appreciate them and all they have done. 

My mates on the other hand have been trying to be there for me as best as they can. There is always one with me, except when I go to the bathroom or I take a nap. They are the best mates anyone could ever ask for. Dallas and his sweet soul had talked to me about seeking help at the hospital but it's only been a few weeks and everyone grieves differently so I made a promise to him that if I'm not better in a couple of more weeks, like going out on a walk or even to the store than I'll get help. He understood of course and since, he's mainly been the one who's been around me the most. 

Gaelen and Bradford have gone to work. Gaelen has found a job at the local college to coach football and help be a team doctor. His dream of playing professionally can't necessarily happen since he hurt his knee pretty badly so he's doing the next best thing for him. Bradford works at a studio helping produce music which he's awesome at. He's had me listen to some of his work and he's talented. I love listening to my mates talk about their jobs. Their smiles brighten up my dark days more than the sun.

I want to go back to work because I miss it so much and my co-workers, so I'm determined to go back as soon as possible. My co-workers have even come by to see me and tell me they miss me and want me back. What happened to my family has affected a lot of people so they understand my need for time but as I said before, life goes on and well daddy wouldn't want me to give up and not live my life. A life he's worked so hard for and fought for so I'd have nothing to worry about.

I got a call from some man the other day wanting to meet up with me at his office and so I went and it was a lawyer. Daddy had a life insurance policy which I knew nothing about but it makes sense since he was human and doesn't live a very long life like we do so I wasn't shocked he had one. What shocked me was the amount it was for. See daddy was smart and got a policy for him, Zane, and uncle Austin and one way or another he had me and Zane the beneficiaries so since I'm the only one still alive, all the money went to me. 

I honestly felt sick seeing the amount because no amount of money can ever be enough for their lives but it's how life is and I plan on using some of that money to open some kind shelter for shifters. It's just an idea so I don't have any details as of yet on what to do with it but I'll make sure it's up to daddy's standards. I just hope he's not disappointed in me right now for how I've been, I don't want to let him down. 

“Ryker?” Dallas's sweet voice called my name and I looked to see him standing in the doorway to the patio and smiled at him.

“Hey there, beautiful.” I said and patted the empty spot beside me and he walked over to sit down.

“How are you?” He asked and I softly kissed his cheek and wrapped my arms around him and he laid his head on my chest.

“I'm ok. You don't need to worry so much about me. If I wasn't ok I would tell you I promise. How are you?” He looked up at me and I got lost in his beautiful eyes that made my heart flutter and I gently touched his jaw up to his ear and back down to his bottom lip. He took in a sharp breath and slowly closed his eyes so I leaned down and kissed him softly, just barely touching his lips until he put his hand on the back of my head and pulled me closer to his lips and kissed me.