19. Ryker

I was listening to music with my back facing the seats in the airport and looking down at people walking before I took a breath and turned around. I did not expect after all these years to see my mate in the airport and another mate being with him when our flight had to make a stop in Florida and they just happened to be on the same flight heading home.

When I saw Gaelen again, I was at a loss for words. He got more beautiful as he got older and still smells so addicting, vanilla bean. The other man was tall but not as tall as me and he had muscles, blonde and adorable as hell. His eyes were a gray color from where I can see and his smile was bright on his handsome face. His scent was that of the morning spring air just as the sun rises, so pure and relaxing.

We talked as we ate lunch and for the first time since that night, I felt complete. Leo was even more active and I couldn't stop looking at Gaelen, wondering what he was thinking, how he was feeling because I wanted to be with him, to hold him, to love him. Nothing about my feelings have changed since the moment I first saw him to now. If anything, my feelings and desires for him have only gotten stronger over the years.

He has matured and isn't so mouthy but I love his smart mouth, such a sexy mouth it is too. I was happy to hear he has kept up with football and has a chance to play professionally since it has always been his passion. I have watched him play every game I could on TV and kept tabs on him over the years. Just because he rejected me doesn't mean I didn't care about him or how he was doing. He's a part of me and always will be.

It took a long time to get over the pain of the rejection but I think that it was needed so both of us could grow into the people we are now and find our paths, to live a little in the world and not just have a small town life where we wouldn't be truly happy so in a way he did us a favor but now, I want my mate back because I can't live without him, Dallas also. I plan on making this week one to remember with hopefully no fighting but I don't think there will be any drama. I just have a feeling it'll go well.

When we got on the plane I switched seats with someone who was seated between my mate's and I had some fun with Dallas and I can't wait to be with both of my mate's. I haven't had sex yet, I'm still a virgin because I wanted to wait for my mate and well I have two.

Things with Jameson were great, but with school and my work at the clinic and his schedule, we didn't see each other much and it wasn't fair to him to be with me when I couldn't be there for him like he deserved. We are still best friends and nothing is ever going to change that. He's with someone who makes him happy and that's all I could ever want for him.

Life after I came back to me after those two years went by fast. I went off to college and graduated within three years and started medical school right away. I applied to work in a clinic because that helps with credits to graduate and I get experience working with patients and I love it. I at first wanted to just be a brain surgeon but I am also learning general surgery so I have two skills and can pretty much work in any hospital. I don't mean to toot my own horn but I have been approached by at least fifteen to come work for one of them when I graduated even as a resident.

Working in the clinic I already have two years of residency done because it does small surgeries and I spend many hours there after class every day. When I go back, I'll have two months left before i graduated medical school and will be able to work in an actual hospital and daddy wants me to work at the one in town so I'll be closer to home but I also want to work in a busier hospital to get that life experience working in a major trauma center. Our hospital isn't a trauma center and barely has an ER since shifters don't need it and have their own doctors to help them.

I have time to figure things out, not much but I'll get it done. This is my career so I can't make a choice on one person's feelings even if I love that person more than anything. I know daddy will support whatever choice I make just as he has with everything else.