10. Gaelen

He's so gorgeous 😍

I was sitting on my bed doing my homework when Jamie came barging into my room and looked like he was going to kill me with how he was looking at me.

"Get up." He said in a low voice that I was honestly scared of and scooted to the edge of my bed with my hands up to show I'll listen because I had never seen him so mad before and it scared me.

"You are not going to say one damn word. Get your shoes on and follow me, now." He backed up and I hurried to put my shoes on and he walked out of my room with me right behind him. 

He went outside and started walking down the road to the park he spends a lot of time in, especially when Ryker was here so maybe something happened? Why does my heart hurt at the thought of Ryker being hurt? I know I said Ryker should never come back but I didn't want anything to happen to the guy. We stopped in front of Brent and another man who was huge like a freaking tank and tattoos everywhere and his short brown hair was styled back and he was shirtless so you could see his well defined body. I had to wipe my mouth to make sure I didn't have droll on my chin. He was hot as fuck. 

"I'm sure you are probably confused on what's going on here but just trust Jamie and come with us." Mr. Walker spoke when he looked at me and the look he gave me was much worse than Jamie. I only nodded and Jamie took my hand and the next thing I know, I'm in a hospital, scared even more and out of breath. I feel like my soul has been left behind my body. It took a minute for me to gather myself and look around the hallway, wondering why I was here.

"Are my parents ok?" Is the only thing that came to mind because they are out on business and I hadn't heard from them yet today. 

"I'm sure they're fine. You're here because of Ryker." The tattooed man said and now it makes sense why Mr. Walker and Jamie look so pissed and angry at me.

"What about him?" I tried to keep my voice from becoming shaky but it slipped and they noticed but didn't comment.

"Why don't you go in and see for yourself?" Mr. Walker said and he opened a door and I slowly walked in and saw Ryker laying back on a bed with his hands on his stomach folded and his eyes closed but he wasn't sleeping, just resting I suppose because he opened his eyes and looked over at me. 

The door closed behind me and I walked over to the bed and stood there awkwardly and he just kept looking at me until I heard him sigh and he motioned me to sit in the chair beside the bed so I did and I looked down at my shoes like they were the most interesting thing in the world.

"Gaelen." His voice was soft and kind, unlike how it usually was before, at least to me it was different. 

"Yes?" I squeaked looking at him and blushed, biting my lip and looking away.

"Did you mean what you said?" He asked and I knew what he was talking about. It's the only thing that's been on my mind since that evening. 

"I…" I stopped myself because yes, I still do think that and more. I realized that I had a right to say what I did because I learned he hadn't come back and just ignored Jamie and his own family, especially his siblings and that didn't sit well with me.

"Yes, I do." I said honestly his shoulders slumped and he looked hurt, even more if that's possible.

"Oh, well I need to tell you something and you never have to see me again. You are my mate and I know you know what that means these days so just say I Gaelen Stokes reject you Ryker Walker as my mate so I won't die from the pain that will make me fall into a coma and possibly die if I don't wake up. Don't worry, you will be fine, even if you don't reject me the right way, I just need you to so I don't end up in the ground." He wasn't looking at me when he spoke, he looked at the wall and I was stunned, I'm his mate? How is that possible when I can't even stand the guy? 

"I have to think about this." I said and left the room. I found Jamie and we were taken back home and I went to my room after we got dropped off at that tree and I sat on my bed and thought of everything Ryker told me and that he's in the hospital because of what I said that evening. 

I decided to forget about this for a while and changed into a pair of skinny jeans, a tight red long  sleeve t-shirt with my boots and jacket, made sure my hair looked good and smelt good before walking out of my room and passed Jamie's room. I made it outside and sighed before walking downtown to find something to do. 

I spotted the teen club and went to stand in line, it wasn't too long at this hour which is nice. As I was waiting I checked out the teens waiting and walking to get in line. One girl who was around five three with short brown hair in a bob cut with deep green eyes and a pretty smile caught my eye and I waved shyly at her and she blushed. She was with a group of other girls and they turned to face me and waved. I waved them to come join me in line so they walked over and the cute girl who blushed stood beside me and was looking down, smiling shyly. 

"Hey I'm Gaelen, I'm kinda new to town. Moved here about two weeks ago." I introduced myself and they introduced themselves and I learned the cute girl's name is Faith which seems like the perfect name for her. 

We made our way inside after I paid for myself and Faith. We went to hang our jackets and went to the bar to order some soda and we chatted lightly as we watched the crowd and I was enjoying myself with her. 

"Would you like to dance?" I asked when a slow song came on. She took my hand and it was so soft and warm. We went to the side of the floor beside two other couples on either side of us and I placed my hand on her waist and she put her hand on my shoulder and we held our other hands in your typical slow dance way and she laid her head on my chest and we danced so close that I felt my heart was going to beat out of my chest and I'm sure she could hear it over the music. 

We danced for a while longer after that song and I really enjoyed myself with Faith. She was sweet, had a nice personality, and she was beautiful. The night was slowly coming to an end and I got our jackets and walked her outside so she could wait for her friends to come out.

"I know we just met but I had a great time with you. Would you like to go on a proper date with me?" I was nervous but her smile said it all.

"I would love to." She said and looked up at me and I smiled so wide my face hurt.

"Awesome. Ah here take my number down and text me whenever and we'll make a plan to meet up again." I rambled and she giggled. I told her my number and she sent me a text so I had hers.

"Have a nice night, Faith." I said to her when her friends came out and she got on her tiptoes and kissed my cheek before walking away. I felt my face get warm and sighed happily. 

I went home and Jamie was in the living room watching TV and ignored me when I sat on the other side so I kept quiet and just reflected on my evening with Faith. 

"Did you have fun?" Jamie asked a while later and I just nodded.

"Glad you did." He was short with me and I understood why so I didn't say anything to his remark. 

"I'm going to bed, night." I got up and went to my room to take a shower and go to bed.

I couldn't sleep for the life of me and my mind kept thinking about Ryker and what he had told me earlier. Am I wrong in how I feel and just reject him? Or should I get to know him and at least be friends with him so he doesn't end up hurt with all this mate stuff? I have no idea what the hell to do.