Chara? (12)

Art by ZingyDoodles on Deviantart.
I'm kinda going off-track in terms of my plans for this story so we going back to more ?????? involved chapters after this.

"What's that expression for?" Chara smirks. "Arent you happy to see me again?"
"no. no! it got you! I saw it happen!" Sans started panicking, magic attacks flying across the room. He only regain control of himself when he saw a bone piercing through his void machine.
"That was a bad mistake wasn't it?" Chara said, looking at the damaged machine.
"your not chara" Sans ignored their comment.
"And what do you mean by that?" Chara responded.
"your it." Sans avoided eye contact and focused and the wall, clearly confused and disturbed by this conflict.
"And what do you mean by it?" Chara already knew the answer but just wanted to see what happened.
"i dont know myself." Sans answered truthfully. When he turned around...well, he wished he didnt. The RESET button was in plain sight. Out of instinct, he sent a bone straight for the button, smashing it into pieces.
"Seriously?" Chara looked at the broken shards. "Oh well, I'll just load and bring it back."
And that's exactly what she did. That was a mistake for her.

The load brought her to minutes before the soul trade was made, and Frisk was back in control of the body.

"I-I HAVE CONTROL!"
To the opposite of what anyone would expect, Chara was shouting about control, despite being stripped of it.
"No you dont?" Frisk stated the obvious. She was stretching, getting use to being in control despite not having it for only about an hour.
"Not control of YOU, control of ME." Chara explained, making Frisk extremely confused."The thing that Sans was on about had control. It only takes control when I have a physical form, and when I made the deal with you, it took over. When I promised about those conditions, I planned on sticking to it. But it didnt..." Chara was on the verge of tears, which was a weird sight to see. Then she continued. "When I took your soul, in the underground, it wasn't me doing the killing. It was it. It was a weird chain of possession. It possessed me and then used me to posses you in my body. When I returned to being a ghost, I didn't tell you because I thought it was gone, but I guess it's back." Frisk listened to all of Chara's information carefully.

"This may be a dumb question, but do you know it's name?"

"yes."

Frisk honestly didnt expect that. Before she could reply, Chara continued.
"A creature from the void. It takes the form of a human, and devoured souls of its victims. It lurked around the surface when Asriel absorbed my soul. Can you see where this is going? It disguised as a human among the crouds and attacked Asriel. He should have been indestructible from human with his STATS. INF ATK INF DEF. But it isnt a human. It's a MONSTER. It killed us with ease. It stole my soul and left Asriel in a state which caused death soon. From there it possessed me and waited for the right time to make its next move. And that's when you arrived."
Chara was now crying. They were reminiscing of the past and thinking about Asriel and all the bad memories that followed. Frisk wanted to stop Chara before they made themself even more sad, but they continued.
"THAT MONSTER! VOID! It ruined EVERYTHING! And to make thing worse! He came and saw it! He had enough determination to see it! Sans saw VOID grabbing my soul behind Asriel when he collapsed in the underground. It was meant to be a normal day. He came to play like any kid would want to. Instead? He was probably traumatized as he saw his two friends suffer. One died, and the other was stuck without control of their own body." Frisk came to the conclusion that Chara's life is certainly not normal.

""i-i just w-w want to be n o r m a l ."

They didnt say anything else. Their ghostly form just fell unconscious, most likely from exhaustion after expressing their feelings. Frisk felt tired too, and gave in to exhaustion aswell. A hooded figure was spying through the window, and had enough DT to see Chara.
"so that's what happened after..." Sans paused as he said to himself out loud. "interesting"

"VOID. after everything that happened with me that will be a easy name to remember."

"VOID."
_________________________________________

A perfectly necessary line of separation cuz Sans was speaking the same as I do^^^^^^

Done! I wanted to keep this shorter cuz it just felt like a good place to end this. I headcannon Chara as a good character and is possessed. (Also a girl) Dunno if you guys would believe it but I do. I also like the idea that Asriel (with soul power) should be invincible so yeah. Fact!: Toby fox made music for Pokemon! In Sword and Shield the song for the battle tower is by Toby. It's a absolute banger and I'm a huge pokemon fan (my fav is Greninja) so it's cool to see a song by Toby in it. Anyway comment etc BYE!

Words: 890