i cant be bothered with a title (27)

Sans wasn't giving up. It had been hours but he just couldn't get the machine to work. Everything was set up. Everything should be working? So why wasn't it?

How did you get it to work last time? Frisk asked. Sans, too focused to even talk, just shrugged his shoulders.

Another hour went by.

Sans was getting irritated. Why? Why does he have to suffer through this?

Why won't anyone help him?

Right... Everyone's still dead.
Sans continued. Failed attempt after attempt.

He wasn't gonna give up though. He was determined to get this to work. The machine would not best him. Never again.

"Sans, you're an idiot."

"doc, who gave you permission to call me that?" Sans asked, irritated. Gaster just chuckled.
"I'm your boss." He simply responded.
Sans threw the WII remote across the room. This game was dumb anyway. Stupid Mario Kart game from the trash pile. What the hell is a "Mario" anyway?
"Sans. You have been destroyed and triple lapped by a machine." Gaster stated, looking at the screen. Sans just groaned in annoyance.
"the ai was hard-" Sans started.
"It was on easy," Gaster stated. Sans was not going to admit defeat to a Wii do he did the only logical thing.

Smashed it into bits.

"Sans! That was Papyrus's present for his birthday!" Gaster shouted at Sans. To add insult to injury, he reminded Sans that, underground, it was one of a kind.
"right...wii should both agree to not tell him I got frustrated and triple lapped by an ai on easy and just say it overheated?"

Yup, not gonna admit defeat to another machine.

The two ghosts watched him fail over and over. What got it to work last time!?
Just reset, you've been trying for ages. Chara was getting bored. This clown was trying way too hard. Even for a determined soul, Chara would have given up at this point.
Can't you just rese-
Frisk was cut off as a bone whizzed right through them it landed on the wall they were leaning on.

Since they were a ghost, they were unharmed, but it still gave them a shock.

"don't. bring that up again. i- for some reason feel like this world is salvageable. no one's dead. just absorbed, the souls are salvageable and therefore the would is salvageable. got it?" Sans explained. He felt it. The feeling of hope. That may be the world isn't ruined jits yet. He had no clue if the world was truly salvageable, he list wanted an excuse to avoid resetting. But by saying it, maybe he could save the world?

Take a break, Sans. Chara randomly said. They had a pint, though.
Look at yourself. That's the expression of someone who needs a fucking nap. You look dead, and that's coming from someone already dead.
"im not transparent " sans half-heartedly chuckled. He thought for a moment and decided that maybe a break was worth kt. After all, doc always said that sleep was important and whatever.

"Alright kids, do whatever creepy things ghosts do in the middle of the night cuz im gonna sleep. I'm bedder
Of with down sleep." Sans announced. He walked toward the exit and paused, seeming to be considering something. He then shook his head and walked up. Knowing the ghost couldn't interact with the door, he left it open a small amount, enough for them to slip through.

We can, uhh phase through it? Frisk pointed out, Sans didn't respond.

Dream.....?:

They woke up. At first scared and confused. A dark world with no other life insight. Are they alone?

Am I alone? They wonder. They walk and walk for what felt like hours but was realistically minutes. They find someone. They don't seem to be hostile but...

Better safe than sorry, I suppose.

They summon a [REDACTED] as a form of self-defence and approached the creature. It turned around and... Smiled? It didn't seem hostile at all. Rather worried. They lowered their weapon. They looked...familiar.

Before they could try and figure out who it was, the friendly person was attacked. They disappeared and a new creature appeared. It resembled their "friend" however they could see the malice and hurtful intent in its eyes and smile. They readied their weapon and waited for it to move.

"heLI0."

It spoke in a weird and crazed way. Its voice was distorted and barely illegible. They backed off and attempted to run. They didn't want to get involved with this thing. They couldn't escape. They turned to face the monster in front of them.

"What do you want?" They asked. It's the first thing that came to mind and seemed logical to ask. It didn't respond. They felt frustrated at it.
"Answer me!" They yelled. They took a swing at it with all their might.

MISS

What? No? That makes no sense? I hit? they thought, the figure rapidly approaching. They felt the sudden urge to call for help.

...

........

.....

..............

But nobody came.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

CHARA WHAT THE HELL!

After a minute of nothing apart from intense staring, Frisk spoke up

So. At you okay or...?

....I'm fine. Just a bad dream.

.... Or maybe a memory?

....

.......

Done! That took forever since I was very busy spending hours on deltarune. Won't happen again! (Hopefully... No promises)
Mainly filer but some important stuff in here, like Chara backstory. Makes some guesses on when in the timeline of Chara events you think this took place.

(Chara was in the void yet didn't recognise VOID or Gaster.)

Comment ect BYE!

Words: 927