New world (23)

You guys picked 2, so well done! You saved a child's life.

Sans stared at the hopeless child in front of him, contemplating his decisions. Frisk stared back in worry, knowing that they couldn't come back when killed.

Listen, Frisk, run to the other room, Toriel should be there, you'll be safe.

Frisk thought for a moment, before deciding against that, considering Sans had blue magic. After a couple of long seconds, Sans finally spoke.

"in a pacifist, you can do more good than bad. you have one chance, so keep it that way." He said, in a threatening tone. Frisk nodded quickly and he vanished from sight.

Huffing, Frisk for up from the ground and moved to the next room. She was surprised to see that Toriel had not arrived.

"You missed her, pal." Flowey said, rising from the ground with a familiar grin.
"Flowey! It's been forever!" Frisk exclaimed, happy to see an old "friend". Flowey did not share the same excitement.

"Feelings NOT mutual, Frisk. Im surprised I'm still seeing you, Sans spared you, huh." Flowey observed. Frisk nodded, before realising something.

"How do you know about Sans? He told you, or were you spying on us?" Frisk asked. Flowey hesitated, before replying.
"Well, it's a little bit of both. But im not an idiot like you, so dont expect any information from me."

After that, Flowey escaped, leaving Frisk with many unanswered questions. Frisk ventured forth, ready to take on the ruins alone.

The puzzles were easy, considering Frisk had seen them many times before, and in no time, Toriels house was in sight. Frisk pondered on what to do, before knocking on it.

"Knock knock."
"Who's there?" A familiar voice said.
"Dishes." Frisk remembered a joke.
"Dishes who?"
"Dishes out a very bad joke!"

And like Frisk had heard, howls of laughter came from the other side. The door opened and revealed Toriel behind.

"I have heard the joke before, but still, it's very funny!" She chuckled before looking down at Frisk. She gasped in shock.
"You're a human! Are you okay my child!" Frisk nodded, and said a quiet "I'm fine."

Toriel went to heal before realising that Frisk wasn't hurt at all.

"Not a scratch? Impressive, however, it may be dangerous out here, do come inside." Toriel gestured towards the house.

The rest of the ruins went by like a normal run, but Frisk count help but feel anxious, knowing Sans would be waiting. She spared Toriel and hesitantly walked through the last corridor of the ruins.

"Howzit going Frisk?" Flowey asked, popping out of a patch of grass.
"Hello, Flowey!" Frisk said in a pitch way too high, trying to cover up the nervousness.
"Answer the question." Flowey demanded. Frisk sighed and said "I'm fine, let me pass."
Flowey rolled his eyes and left.

As soon as the door was opened, a huge gust of wind hit Frisk face. She sighed in annoyance, forgetting about the cold temperature of Snowdin. She expecting Sans to follow but didn't hear him like normal. Once she arrived at the bridge, she finally heard the footsteps she was expecting. He walked up to her slowly and Frisk instantly turned around.

"1 love, great. keep that up." He turned to walk away before realising his mistake.
"wait, no. keep your love down, not up. keep it down." He mentally face palmed before teleporting to confront Frisk.

Frisk walked past him, toward the lamp but Sans stopped her. "forget the lamp." Frisk looked confused but couldn't answer due to the loud "NYEH HEH HEH" that was heard up ahead.

"SANS!"
"i think that's my name."
"YES IT IS! HAVE YOU SEEN A HUMAN!"
"I have one right here." Sans gestured towards Frisk.
"OH MY GOODNESS WE CAN FINALLY DO IT!"

Sans smiled genuinely, walking towards his brother.

"PREPARE FOR TROUBLE!"
"and make it double!"
"TO PROTECT MONSTERS AND HUMANS!"
"to unite all monsters in the underground!"
"PAPYRUS!"
"sans."
"WE WILL CAPTURE YOU AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!"
"surrender now or face a series of complex puzzles made to capture any human, no matter the height, weight, length age etc dont tell my brother I forgot my line."
"WHAT! YOU FORGOT THE LAST LINE! YOU RUINED IT!" Papyrus shouted, furious.

"sorry bro." Sans said. Papyrus sighed. "DON'T WORRY! WE HAVE THE- where's the huMAN!"

(If your wondering, I added this joke since I feel like upon seeing his brother, Sans would feel happier and more of his "old self".)

Frisk already ran away. Since the brothers were too busy cosplaying pokemon characters, it was easy to sneak right past them. Since Frisk had to deal with fights, it wasn't hard for them to catch up and continue with the normal script. After a normal Papyrus battle, something was immediately off.

Sans normally appeared everywhere around the underground, except in runs where Papyrus was killed. Even though Frisk had been following True Pacifist, Sans was nowhere to be seen.

Not that Frisk cared! That means fewer awkward conversations anyway!

Considering that only Sans knew the truth about everything, not much of the underground journey was different. Frisk completely forgot about the Papyrus hangout (they didn't flirt as they were trying to go fast) so she didn't see Sans there anyway.

Waterfall was a breeze with few casualties. Undyne almost killed her, but healing items let her live longer.
It was quite interesting to Frisk to not see Sans at the hot land entrance like normal, Undyne didn't stop to attempt to wake up Sans since he wasn't there.

Normally, Frisk would buy hotdogs, but Sans wasn't there. Frisk was expecting this now, so she stocked up on other healing items instead. Mettaton was an easy fight and Frisk was entering  New Home already. She instantly felt a wave of nervousness.

" Chara, Sans will be in the judgement hall, won't he?" Frisk asked when she was sure no one was around.

"Well, if he wants to avoid you so bad, he won't bother." They responded. Frisk knew Chara had some sense in their logic, but still felt uneasy.

Frisk listened to the story of Asriel and Chara, the one she had heard many times before, and arrived at the place she had so many memories of. Good and bad.

The judgement hall.

Done! I'm gonna split this into a 2 parter since it's getting kinda long. Over my 1000 word thing. Hope you enjoyed it. Of course, comment etc BYE.

Words: 1081