Fight? (29)

Wow 20 days wait for this better the good

"do you think a SOUL without a body could take the power of other souls?" Sans asked.
"As in absorbing the power? Most likely." Gaster Fraction replied. Sans pondered this thought.

"Ya know what I saw, comedian." Flowey started with a big grin on his face.
"The souls merging into one! Becoming a single being! That's when I figured it out!" Flowey paused. Sans looked at the flower with interest.
"well? what's the holdup?"
"The souls can take the power of other souls, Sans!" Flowey exclaimed with glee. "We must use this to our advantage!"

"doc. we take the power of the souls and out all of that power into one person." Sans started. He stared at Papyrus's door whilst revealing Chara's soul.
"We put it in this soul and give it to its rightful owner." Sans finished.

He took a deep breath. A lot can go wrong and a lot can go well. High risk, high reward.

"We should tell them." Gaster Fraction said. Of course! How are they gonna help if they don't know what's going on?
"Right... can you go get them?" Sans asked. "Can't be bothered to do it myself."
"Sure."

After everyone was gathered around the couch and caught up to speed, a lot of questions were asked.

"This will work?" Chara asked in confusion. They weren't sure of the legitimacy of the entire soul-absorbing thing.
"It better," Sans replied.
"You don't know FOR SURE?" Chara raises their voice. Sans looked back at them with no visual change in emotion.
"It will probably work," Sans said. "That better?"
Chara didn't respond.

"When will we go. To find VOID?" Frisk asked. They weren't so sure about the plan but was willing to go along with it anyway.
"whenever we can. Got nothing better to do." Sans replied. What's left? A final meal? It's the only way to get rid of the beast tormenting their lives.

"Any other questions?" Sans asked.

No one said anything.

"Alright. Let's get this over with."

The group of 4 traversed through the snowy forest of Snowdin, with the endless show pouring onto them with minor issues, the same can be said for waterfalls, well, waters.

Hotland was coming up when Frisk said:
"Can't we just take a shortcut?"

Right...

Anyways, the throne room was in sight.

"What now?" Gaster Fraction asked.
"Wait for it..."

Out of the blue, souls were falling from the sky. In the middle of it all, a figure was distinctively visible starting down at them.

A figure covered in black void goo. Skeleton like head with purple pupils and a hand identical to Gasters with a red glow.

It was VOID.

"How did you know he would be waiting for us?" Chara asked, bewildered. The small skeleton sighed.
"Nothing special, just figured."

"VOID..." Gaster Fraction said with clear malice.
The group walked towards him with purpose. He dispersed the souls and immediately attacked.

He summoned a Gaster Blaster and shot it directly towards the group. No one was injured however the group was split in half. Gaster Fraction and Sans were on the right side whereas Frisk and Chara were on the left.

"A Gaster Blaster?" Sans asked no one in particular.
"Must be due to the soul-sharing." Gaster Fraction theorised.
Guess that makes sense. Sans thought.
The blaster stayed in the middle of the room, blocking the group from reuniting.

"Frisk! What are we gonna do now?" Chara asked. Frisk shrugged, not sure what to do. After all, Sans was meant to lead the fight.

"Alright VOID! What are you doing? Watching them scramble, trying to figure out what to do?" A familiar voice shouted across the room.

"Flowey?" Frisk asked.

"YUP. it's me! Your best friend Flowey!" He exclaimed. He revealed himself behind the blaster via vines.
He tried destroying the blaster, but nothing worked. He continuously tried smashing into it, with pellets and vines. He finally gave up and shot a glance at VOID.
"What is this thing made out of!" He shouted at the figure.
"💣︎♋︎♑︎♓︎♍︎✍︎ 🕈︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎ ♎︎♓︎♎︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ♏︎⌧︎◻︎♏︎♍︎⧫︎✍︎" VOID replied bluntly.

VOID seemed to get bored and got rid of the blaster.

Sans didn't waste any time and attacked. 5 blasters appeared and shot directly at him. They dealt minimal damage and VOID barely flinched.
Gaster tried to help but to no avail.

VOID laughed as they tried to attack.

"You know, this isn't what I expected for a final boss," Chara said over the sounds of blasters and projectiles.
"Yeah... we're told to be side characters..." Frisk said, emphasising the fact they were watching on the sidelines.

....wait.

"Chara. We're wasting time." Frisk stated. They closed their eyes in thought.

"The souls attacking!" Frisk shouted in shock. Toy knives floated in the air. Frisk avoided the knives and searched the black abyss.
"Chara! Is Flowey even here?" Frisk asked. They were distracted and got hit, the toy surprisingly hurt.
It's so dark, I see nothing... Try calling for help. Chara suggested.

...

*You called for help. . .

The fight against Flowey...how to call to the souls...

*You called for help...

Done... Wow. That took way to long. There is not much to say. If you haven't seen my announcement... The stories almost done. In fact...

2 chapters left.

Words: 908