Chapter 9

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Chapter 9

BEING AFRAID OF ICE SKATING since you're five years old definitely isn't something to be proud of, specially when your friend takes you there by surprise thinking you would like it.

He couldn't have been more wrong.

Despite my insisting on going somewhere else, David made me come to the ice rink. The fact that my mom spilled the beans regarding my phobia only worked to make him more fond of his idea, with the purpose of "getting over my fear".

"Yeah... I'm not doing it."

"Oh, come on, Caroline!"

"I can't!"

"Yes you can." He stated. "Grab my hands."

I stared down at his hands, hesitant to grab them. Memories came flooding back and the image of my father came to mind. I took in a deep breath and took hold of his two hands.

David started moving backwards and I had to give in. My feet entered the ice rink and I was suddenly sliding.

I closed my eyes for a couple of seconds, rehearsing my breathes in order to calm down.

"You see? It's not that-"

And I fell.

Well, almost. I found myself in David's arms and the scent of his cologne took over my senses.

Jesus, did he empty the bottle on top of his head?

Well... At least he smelled well.

I let out a breath I'd been holding and grabbed firmly to David's hands in order to regain my posture. My feelings and senses sizzling at our sudden touch.

"See? I cought you."

"Shut up." I glared at him.

He chuckled and his laughter triggered irritance within me. He was enjoying my suffering. I hated ice skating ever since I was a dumb little girl and all he does when he finds out is make me ice skate more eagerly. It was a mystery to me why I had entered this cage of slippery floors and nasty bruises. I groaned under my breath and grabbed his hands tightly. After what seemed like an eternity I was already saturated from it. I couldn't wait to just leave that ice rink and forget all about it.

"I did it. Can we go now?" I asked.

"It's been like five minutes..."

"I'm tired!"

"You're not doing anything, I'm doing all the moving."

"My hands hurt from grabbing you."

He huffed. "Tell me about it."

I rolled my eyes at him and thought of another excuse.

"This is boring."

"God, you're acting like a two year old." He muttered, pretending to be annoyed, but I could see a ghost of a smile on his lips.

"I just want to leave!"

"If you behave I'll take you for ice cream afterwards."

"Ugh, you're acting just like my dad. Besides, what am I? Four?"

"Well you're acting like it..." He muttered "Deal or no deal."

"What happens if I don't take the deal?"

He then unclutched his hands from mine and started to slowly drift away. Panic took over me and tried to slide towards him to take hold of him again. Just as I attached myself to David, my feet failed me and I almost fell.