Chapter 25

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Chapter 25

"CAROLINE, WAIT UP!" David exclaimed as I made my way to my car.

I sighed and turned around to him. People were just starting to exit the school building and get into the buses and into the parking lot to look for their cars.

"I'm so sorry, honestly." He started, "I had no idea, and I'm so sorry about what happened at Mr. Holloway's class. I was just... I thought-"

"It's okay, I get it." I said dismissively, "I hadn't told you anything, it's really my fault."

I prepared to turn back around, thinking the conversation was over. However, David gently tugged at my hand and silently begged me to stay a little longer through his gaze.

"David, I-" I started, but his stare made me stop.

"I know you really can't deal with this right now, but, Caroline, you're doing what you always do after something happens between us," He explained, letting my hand go.

I stared back at him in silence, the wind playing with my hair as I put a lock of it behind my ear and crossed my arms to protect myself from the cold winter air. He frowned and stared back at me expectantly.

"I don't know what you want me to say." I stated coldly.

"Look, I'm not saying you should make a decision right now or anything, I get it that you need some time for that. But I just don't want you to keep avoiding me because of what happened, when, in reality, all I want to do is be there for you now that you're going through a rough path."

I stared at him in silence, not sure what to respond. I searched for words as David stared back at me expectantly.

"Just let me be there for you." He insisted.

As words failed me, my legs did not. I neared him and my arms wrapped themselves knowingly around his neck as his snaked through my back. I closed my eyes as we hugged and buried my face into his shoulder, enjoying his fragrance and feeling extremely grateful for having this boy in my life.

"Thank you." I whispered.

~~~

"Walter, up top!" Sam exclaimed at my dad as he entered the hospital room after giving the coffee shop a visit.

My dad's actual name was Stanley, Sam just started calling him Walter because of his resemblance to Walter White, from Breaking Bad.

My dad raised an eyebrow at him, a talent I had never managed to attain, but reluctantly raised his arm anyway with a ghost of a smile on his lips. Sam hit his hand hard enough that the strike resounded through the room, scaring my mother.

"Samuel, ¡cuidado!" She suddenly yelled.

My brother raised his hands in sign of surrender as my dad chuckled silently.

"Relax, Liliana, it's just the pancreas, it's not as if I'm suddenly made of glass." My dad said.

My brother and I chuckled as my mom glared at us, subsequently, she grabbed the cup of coffee Sam had just brought her and passed me one roughly.