Chapter 5

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Chapter 5

THERE WAS THIS ALL TOO familiar feeling of regret striking my chest. It was one of those times where I simply agreed to something and regretted it as it came closer and closer, threatening to make me want to be eaten by earth and simply disappear.

Or, better yet, just stay home watching Netflix.

I didn't feel like going to that party. I wasn't the party type, definitely not. The thought of going there to just stand in a corner watching people dancing and having fun while I was too insecure to even step on the dance floor was pretty much nauseating.

I groaned and rolled over once more on my bed. As soon as I returned from detention I walked through the door, went directly into my room and threw myself on the bed, soon falling asleep.

There were only two hours left until David picked me up. I had to either get ready or cancel. My body was going for the 'no', because I was very tired, but then there was this other part that couldn't bare the rudeness of canceling.

I eventually listened to my body and reached for my cellphone, that was resting on my nightstand. I scrolled through my contacts and called David, waited for a couple of seconds until he finally picked up.

"Hello?" He greeted.

"Hey, David." I started, suddenly nervous "Uh. Sup?"

"You're going to cancel, aren't you?" He muttered. I could almost imagine his expression at that moment.

"Well, I mean, uh, my parents didn't allow me to go." I lied.

"Bullshit."

"No, it's not!"

"Yes, it is." He replied smugly "I'm still going to your house at eight and I hope to see you ready."

The line went dead.

I removed the cellphone from my ear and stared at it, speechless. I put it back on the night stand and stared up at the ceiling for a second, cursing myself for accepting his invitation in the first place.

I stood up and opened my closet. I stared at the clothes hanging in front of me and found myself groaning in frustration.

~~~

"You're going in a hoodie?" David asked as he looked at me in surprise.

I had to thank myself for being so stubborn. I knew I'd regret it, but I was so -so- stubborn that I just needed to make a point. There was this un rational thought that believed he would let the party thing go and let me watch Netflix all night long like the antisocial person I was at the sight of my outfit.

"You really don't want to go, do you?" He suddenly asked.

I shook my head enthusiastically, glad he was finally understanding.

"Well, that just makes it more reasonable for me to take you there." He said with a smug smile.

"That's not fair!" I claimed "If I don't want to go you shouldn't make me go."

"How long ago was the last party you've been to?"

I put my index finger against my bottom lip and started counting. I remembered all the parties I'd ever gone to in my life... Which I could count with my ten fingers.