Chapter 6

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Chapter 6

THE STREETS WERE EMPTY. The irradiation coming from the light posts passed us over and over, illuminating the insides of the car as he drove. I looked to my left, staring at him as he concentrated on the road in front of him. The only sound came from the pitching ring emanating in our ears caused by the loud music at the party and the soft noise of the tires against the asphalt. His eyes locked with mine after a couple of seconds.

I felt as if we were in a movie.

He raised his eyebrows and gave me a small smirk afterwards, causing heat to overcome my face and I knew flush had grown in my cheeks.

"You haven't even told me where we're going." I suddenly said, trying to distract him from the fact that he had caught me staring.

"I don't even know where we're going."

"So we're just going to... drive around, see where it takes us?"

He shrugged.

"Well, let me at least put some music, then." I answered as I took my phone and plugged in the cable.

I played a song I'd been listening to lately and I thought it would fit the moment. David raised his eyebrows and looked back at me.

"Shotgun chooses the music." With that I smiled and winked at him.

I turned to my right and lowered the window, resting my arms on the border and resting my head on them as I felt his heavy stare on me and the wind played with my hair.

~~~

David had eventually taken me to a 24 hour coffee shop, because, unfortunately, gas wasn't infinite. But, the coffee shop was just as good. Not a soul could be seen in there besides the personnel, just like I expected.

It was a small business. Just a couple of tables scattered through the shop. It was cozy, even. The gloomy light gave a gentle look to the place and the wide windows made it feel spacious.

I ordered a hot chocolate because I was freezing and David ordered a cold drink, to my surprise.

"Jesus Christ, you have a death wish, don't you?" I teased as I gritted my teeth because of the cold and we sat on a table at the far end.

"I just have an inexplicable hate for hot drinks." He said with a shrug.

"You're not serious." I said in awe.

"I am. I don't know why, I just... Enjoy an ice cream instead of hot chocolate in winter."

I stared blankly at him and blinked for a second.

"You're so weird." I stated mockingly.

He chuckled a little bit and lowered his head. I wrapped my hand around the porcelain mug in hopes of providing heat to my hands and sipped from it slowly. My arms were bare but at least I had decided to wear black pants instead of some sort of skirt or dress like some of the girls as the party had done.

After a couple of silent seconds, the smile on his face disappeared and an unknown look took over his expression.

"Tell me something, Caroline." He suddenly said as he looked up at me and stared into my eyes with interest.