Chapter 11

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Chapter 11

I WOKE UP AND GROWLED while rolling over. My eyes I could barely leave open by the tiredness and the sleep in my eyes I attempted to remove with my hands. I looked back at my nightstand, where my cellphone should be but wasn't. A frown took over my forehead and I started looking around for it.

I followed the charger's cable into my bed and through the pillows, finally finding it in between the weird tangle of covers and pillows. I took hold of it and noticed the heat emanating from it like hot iron. I turned the screen on and what I saw almost made me pass out.

13:38:56

Displayed right under David's contact name I realized the phone call was still ongoing. That explained the overheating my cellphone was suffering at the moment, it had been on all night.

"David?" I croaked.

"What?" He answered almost immediately.

"You're fucking awake and didn't end this phone call?"

"I just woke up."

"You didn't hang up last night, what the fuck?"

"I guess we both fell asleep, I don't know."

I remembered we kept talking after he left his aunt's house. He'd put in his earbuds and maintained me on the line. I didn't complain because at the end of the day we were having fun. Besides, I wasn't feeling sleepy anymore because I drank a cup of coffee when I had arrived to the conclusion that seeking sleep with David was an impossible task.

"My phone is hot as fuck! It's-"

"Just like you." He teased, I could only imagine the big smirk adorning his face in that instant.

I rolled my eyes heavily and grunted.

"Sorry, bad timing." He muttered, clearing his throat.

I was about to return to scolding him but a laugh made it's way to my lips and I found myself unable to do so.

"Bye David." I settled for.

"Wait, you're going tonight, right?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"But-"

"Goodbye!"

"Wait-"

"I haven't even brushed my teeth!" I exclaimed before hanging up.

As if almost fourteen hours hadn't been enough, David called me again but I let it go to voicemail.

~~~

"Maybe you should wear the skirt instead." Laura suggested.

"I haven't shaved in weeks, my legs look like a bear's right now." I objected.

"Then use the black pants, put on black pumps and the red top." She said.

I pressed my thumb against my lips thoughtfully. Laura had agreed to come to my house and help me choose what to wear. She was going as a cat, plain black clothes with some ears and makeup. Ivy was going as Storm from Marvel, just without the white hair; her mother liked to buy her costumes. Grace was going as Snow White against her will now that Eva forced her because she knew she probably wouldn't go as anything. Eva was still a mystery, really. She still hadn't decided what to wear, but she would probably come up with something soon.

"If I'm going in heels so are you." I demanded.

"Yeah, sure." She said "I'll wear the ones I showed you last week."