seven

"You would have loved her," I say looking out into the distance

"You would have loved her," I say looking out into the distance. "She was a character. Always lighting up the room when she walked in. Always had this warm, brilliant smile on her face and she always cracked a joke every morning or when someone was having an off day. And she always did everything she could for you and everyone around her."

"She sounds wonderful," Alycia whispers. I could hear the smile on her lips as she spoke. "What's your favorite memory with her?"

I drop my head briefly, shaking it from side to side. A gentle smile spreads onto my lips trying to think of my favorite memory.

"Hm, I'm not sure-" I pause for a moment then continue. "Maybe when we first met."

"How'd you meet?" I pick up my head and glance at the girl. Our eyes lock and Alycia's smile slowly grows as her eyes flick back and forth between mine.

"Ironically the same park you and I met." A shocked expression crosses the girl's face but she still keeps a smile on her face.

"Please tell me it wasn't the same way though." Alycia closes her eyes, her smile still on her lips. A chuckle escapes my lips as I tear my eyes away from the girl, shaking my head from side to side.

"No, no. I actually met her during an event the town was having. We were like eleven when we met and my parents dragged me to this event because they said I needed friends-" I pause hearing a small chuckle escape Alycia. A smile stays planted on my lips as I continue on. "So I went, my parents went off and talked to the other adults. There was other kids but I knew all of them so I just sort of climbed a tree and sat in it till this preppy, smiley little girl came up to me."

"Awe," Alycia whispers and I nod throwing my head back leaning it against the wall.

"Yeah... She came over and looked up at me. Asked what I was doing and you wanna know how I responded?"

"What'd you respond?" I turn my head to Alycia and lock our eyes, a grin on my face.

"I said, 'Brainstorming ways I can make you go away.'"

"Y/N!" Alycia exclaimed as I saw her pick up her hand and slap my arm playfully, gently. A chuckle escapes my lips shrugging my shoulders.

"What? I just assumed she was just like any of the other kids. She dressed like them and here I was wearing old, worn out tennis shoes with a plain t-shirt and these weird plaid shorts."

"Oh god."

"I know. I was very fashionable as a youngster," I chuckle hearing one escape from Alycia. "But no, um, the rest of the girls my age were in dresses, and skirts. I didn't really get along with them or did we have anything in common. I felt like it wouldn't be any different with Daisy."